We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this itinerary manageable?

Which Montenegro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, Scotland
reviews: 50
Is this itinerary manageable?

Hello, this time in 2 weeks I will be in Montenegro!

We are hiring a car from Dubrovnik airport and are planning to do the following itinerary. We would appreciate any advice as to what is possible. We will use all the daylight and are not bothered about sunbathing etc. We just want to see as much of the country as we can in the limited time we have.

Day 1 - arrive at lunchtime Dubrovnik and drive to Kotor area to stay.

Day 2 - Drive up towards Cetinje and head back via Lovcen NP and visit Njegos mausoleum, stay at Kotor

Day 3 - Have a look around Budvar, Sveti Stefan and then down to stay somewhere near Bar for the night (maybe visit Stari Bar that day if have time)

Day 4 - visit Stari bar and look around Ulcinj and drive to Rijecka Cronjevica via edge of Lake Skadar and Virpazar. Stay somewhere in that area

Day 5 - Drive to Ostrog Monastery and then back to Podogrica and north for the scenic road Moraca canyon etc. Stay somewhere near Kolasin

Day 6 - From Kolasin, day trip to Plav and the Prokletije Mountains. Either stay in Plav or back to Kosalin area for the night

Day 7 - Biograd NP in the morning and then drive into Durmitor NP, stay Zablijak

Day 8 - Look around Durmitor and do black lake walk etc, stay Zablijak again

Day 9 - extra day (can be put in anywhere)

Day 10 - driving into Bosnia and to Mostar via Pluzine.

Thank you in advance.

London
reviews: 108
1. Re: Is this itinerary manageable?

Hi Alison,

Hope you are well. We visited Montenegro in May to research it as a new destination on our booking and we were blown away. It is such a beautiful country.

This is the 10 day itinerary we put together which allows you to see almost all the highlights of this magical place.

untravelledpaths.com/pdf/pdf_1340732123.pdf

It would appear that you are wanting to start in Kotor and finish in Pluzine, so if you started our itinerary on day 5 and then went round to day 3 you would finish in Pluzine. The only thing you would miss out on would be Ostrog Monastery which is lovely but it wouldn't be a distaster to miss it. By all means you don't have to follow our itinerary precisely but it might be useful as a guideline.

The one thing I would definitely say about your itinerary is I wouldn't stay in Bar, it's probably the most unimpressive part of Montenegro as it is a working industrial port and not very pretty.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

James

Edinburgh, Scotland
reviews: 50
2. Re: Is this itinerary manageable?

Thanks for replying, but I've already been and I pretty much did the above itinerary so it is possible for anyone reading this thread in the future.

Beautiful country!

3. Re: Is this itinerary manageable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 07, 2013