We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Chiusi to Montalcino?

Which Montalcino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bendigo, Australia
reviews: 32
Bus from Chiusi to Montalcino?

I am planning a trip to Italy in April and intending to use public transport. I would like to travel from Rome to Montalcino and understand that I would need to leave the train at Chiusi.

can anyone with local knowledge help me with information about the bus from Chiusi to Mantalcino? I have not been able to find an English timetable on the bus site.

Thanks in anticipation

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
reviews: 25
1. Re: Bus from Chiusi to Montalcino?

Becahm,

Not easy to do see www.trainspa.it/train04/extraurbano.pdf

I think you have to bus to Montepulciano then to Buonconvento then to Montalcino.

Look at Rome to Siena http://www.sena.it/index_e.htm then Siena to Montalcino.

Most people training in to Chiusi get a car to continue to Montalcino.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
2. Re: Bus from Chiusi to Montalcino?

You are going to need a car if you want to see any of the countryside around Montalcino. Public transport in this area is sparse, and is timed to meet the needs of local residents and school children rather than tourists.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 42
3. Re: Bus from Chiusi to Montalcino?

Sorry Becahm...you need a car.

4. Re: Bus from Chiusi to Montalcino?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 24, 2014