We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tasting Brunello at Poggio Antico in Montalcino

Which Montalcino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 37
Tasting Brunello at Poggio Antico in Montalcino

While in Siena, we drove an hour to Montalcino and spent the morning at the fabulous Poggio Antico in Montalcino. The tour was fantastic and the Brunello even better! Highly recommend to others, here's a brief report with some photos from our day.

…blogspot.com/2012/11/a-trip-to-poggio-antic…

26 replies to this topic
Montepulciano, Italy
reviews: 1
21. Re: Tasting Brunello at Poggio Antico in Montalcino

That thing is most certainly amazing. So often I have people staying with me who want to ship wine back in their suitcase so I keep masses of bubble wrap in the cantina for this purpose. One concern I would have though with that special bag is theft for it's clear what it contains and may be of interest to people who pinch luggage whilst in transit.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, Antigua
reviews: 40
22. Re: Tasting Brunello at Poggio Antico in Montalcino

Correct and that was the main concern for AA/BA in Rome. They suggested I had it plastic wrapped which I did and it all worked out fine. The guys in Rome did a great job, I think they charged 14 Euros for it, they made a slit for the wheels and the straps, so when I got to my final destination it came of the belt and I just wheeled it away. Would love to do it again this year as well, fingers crossed. Actually I would think it better from the makers NOT to have the wine check logo on the case to make it a little less vunerable to theft, just a thought.

ouritalianblog.blogspot.com/search…

Regards

Mark

Edited: 9:12 am, January 08, 2013
Montepulciano, Italy
reviews: 1
23. Re: Tasting Brunello at Poggio Antico in Montalcino

The green plastic wrapping service at FCO is Euros 9 even for a fairly large case, we always have our bags done there when we fly. Not only does it do a wonderful job of protecting luggage, you get insurance too. And that's certainly the answer for your wine case so as to conceal the logo. I've already sent the link on how to purchase one to the people who're coming to stay with us at Easter and will want to hit the vineyards! thanks again.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, Antigua
reviews: 40
24. Re: Tasting Brunello at Poggio Antico in Montalcino

You are most welcome, and yes you are right it was 9 Euros.

Warm regards from a very warm & sunny Antigua

Mark

Seattle Metro Area
reviews: 24
25. Re: Tasting Brunello at Poggio Antico in Montalcino

FYI the restaurant is currently closed.

reviews: 50
26. Re: Tasting Brunello at Poggio Antico in Montalcino

Yes, tour excellent, after tour led to the tasting room where "menu" of tastings offered & cost of each. As prior poster said, restaurant closed.

Reply to: Tasting Brunello at Poggio Antico in Montalcino
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted