We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nov 1, All Saints Day - will everything close?

Which Montalcino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Herndon, Virginia
reviews: 32
Nov 1, All Saints Day - will everything close?

We will be in Tuscany - Siena, Montalchino area, and are wondering whether many business, restuarants, etc will be closed on Nov 1.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
reviews: 25
1. Re: Nov 1, All Saints Day - will everything close?

Victoria,

I don't think you will find many places closed.

Estes Park, CO
reviews: 60
2. Re: Nov 1, All Saints Day - will everything close?

We planned on doing a walking food tour of Siena through the Tuscan Wine School on All Saints day. They cancelled the tour that day because the shops they visit on the tour will be closed. So expect at least some closures. We ended up booking the class for the next day; on Friday the shops will be open as usual.

Munich, Germany
3. Re: Nov 1, All Saints Day - will everything close?

Any more info on this? Will tourist attractions (monuments and churches) and enotecas be open? I think restaurants are typically still open, right?

Montepulciano, Italy
reviews: 2
4. Re: Nov 1, All Saints Day - will everything close?

With the exception of some small shops aimed at local people, everywhere should be open. It's a public holiday and businesses want to capture as much business as they can. In my own small village we're having a fair and I think more places than would even be open on a regular Sunday are planning to open.

5. Re: Nov 1, All Saints Day - will everything close?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, December 13, 2013