We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palazzina Cesira, Montalcino

Which Montalcino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 17
Palazzina Cesira, Montalcino

Can anyone tell me if this B & B is still open, please? I have a booking for May and have emailed them twice months apart and as yet no reply to either. I read somewhere that this B & B was for sale, (?) Before I phone them I thought I would check with anyone on here.

Thanks for any help

1. Re: Palazzina Cesira, Montalcino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:09 pm, March 23, 2012
Montepulciano, Italy
reviews: 1
2. Re: Palazzina Cesira, Montalcino

Why shouldn't it be for sale when so many, many others are? These are incredibly tough times for B&B owners with tourist numbers plummeting and those who do come not staying as long / spending as much money as they used to. Costs are rocketing - the new housing tax is going to hit small hotels seriously hard - and financing impossible to find. I don't think anyone fully understands how hard things are around here at present.

That said, many places are currently closed for the winter, though if it is still in business I would imagine they'll be opening next week in expectation of Easter.

Brisbane, Australia
3. Re: Palazzina Cesira, Montalcino

Thankyou for your quick replies

Re: for sale, I did not see the date of the advertisement, it may well be an old one...and I can't find the site again..

Hoping things improve quickly for all lastraniera.

I will wait until after Easter and then give them a call.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, Antigua
reviews: 44
4. Re: Palazzina Cesira, Montalcino

We are booked for 3 nights in May, Roberto has been in touch with us a few times and he received our USD cheque deposit.

Regards

Mark.

UK
reviews: 54
5. Re: Palazzina Cesira, Montalcino

The Palazzina Cesira is the top choice by Rick Steves for Montalcino, hence my comment. Even though we booked months ahead we still had to change rooms mid-way through as it was fully booked. We also saw 'on speck' callers turned away.

http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/hotels/review.asp?n=b%26b+palazzina+cesira&s=montalcino

Brisbane, Australia
6. Re: Palazzina Cesira, Montalcino

Thanks Mark

I had been receiving emails and yes they confirmed the receipt of our deposit in August...I have just sent another email...If no reply again, I will ring them after Easter.

.We leave Australia in 27 days and have just been confirming arrival times with all our accommodations.

Have a fantastic holiday in Italy. I know I will!

portland, oregon
reviews: 4
7. Re: Palazzina Cesira, Montalcino

Hi,

We are booked there for 4 nights in July so I'm pretty sure they are still open.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, Antigua
reviews: 44
8. Re: Palazzina Cesira, Montalcino

2c_more. You too, I'm really looking forward to our trip. 2 nights in Rome, 4 nights just outside Gubbio. http://www.borgodicarpiano.com/carpiano.htm

and 3 nights in Montalcino. Have a great time !!

Regards

Mark

UK
reviews: 54
9. Re: Palazzina Cesira, Montalcino

Is this the advertisement from October 2011 you saw?

…wordpress.com/tag/palazzina-cesira/

Brisbane, Australia
10. Re: Palazzina Cesira, Montalcino

Thanks Joannaspencer

No, I read a different one, but thankyou, it is obviously for sale then, and I didn't dream it.

Mark, wow! fabulous accommodation!