We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castello Banfi Il Borgo or Castiglion Del Bosco Hotel?

Which Montalcino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 20
Castello Banfi Il Borgo or Castiglion Del Bosco Hotel?

I’m torn between which one of these amazing places to choose from in terms of our lodging. Any thoughts? It will be for 2 nights in early March.

Thank you.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
reviews: 25
1. Re: Castello Banfi Il Borgo or Castiglion Del Bosco Hotel?

sea-nyc,

I have not stayed at either place but Castiglion del Bosco would be my pick.

alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
reviews: 8
2. Re: Castello Banfi Il Borgo or Castiglion Del Bosco Hotel?

They are two different kinds of places. Although I have not beer there, from the website Castiglion has more of a resort feel with lots to do.

I have visited Banfi Il Borgo several times. (Not stayed mind you just visited) The rooms are great but I believe its more of a place to use as a base for travel. At one time it had what I considered one of the best resturants in Tuscany, but that is no longer the case. The one they have there now ok just not great. The Banfi Castle is wonderful lit up at night.

My guess is you will not use the pool in either becasue it will be too cold.

Florence Italy
reviews: 2
3. Re: Castello Banfi Il Borgo or Castiglion Del Bosco Hotel?

We're with travelsitaly and anmjm1. Though we unfortunately haven't stayed there (Castiglion del Bosco, that is), plenty of our friends have. All of them reported that they did not want to leave the place.

Edited: 12:47 pm, February 01, 2011
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 20
4. Re: Castello Banfi Il Borgo or Castiglion Del Bosco Hotel?

Sounds like both would be a good option. Tough call! Thanks though.

salerno
5. Re: Castello Banfi Il Borgo or Castiglion Del Bosco Hotel?

Ciao ,

Castiglion del Bosco , without a doubt.

Castello Banfi has an amazing location , but I'm sorry to write that CdB has everything you can desire from a country , Tuscan , estate ! It has by far the best rooms-suites I have stayed in Italy. Unfortunately in March you can't use the amazing pool , but it is quite possible that you'll want to be back in warmer season :)

Enjoy

Rome
6. Re: Castello Banfi Il Borgo or Castiglion Del Bosco Hotel?

Both are amazing facilities with equally amazing taverna/restaurants, just different styles. Castiglion del Bosco offers a bit more on the premises - well-appointed spa, gift shop, outdoor restaurant, golf course, hiking trails. Service at both are faultless, though that @ del Bosco may be a skosh more attentive. The hotel facilities @ del Bosco are larger & MAYBE bit more sleek/modern. Both are Tuscan decor, w/ Banfi leaning more towards the cozy side - not to say that it's any posh. The Taverna at Banfi was simply put - outsounding (lamb chop w/ pistaccio "dust" - unbelieveable). You won't go wrong w/ either choice.

columbia,SC
reviews: 5
7. Re: Castello Banfi Il Borgo or Castiglion Del Bosco Hotel?

This is an old post, but I am wondering what you decided. I am now torn between the two as well. Will be traveling with my husband for my birthday and our anniversary and will stay for 4 days. Also traveling with our 17 year old son as well so may want to take that into account. He is pretty sophisticated though and likes to cook.

8. Re: Castello Banfi Il Borgo or Castiglion Del Bosco Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 21, 2013