We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pefkos

Which Rhodes Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
surrey
reviews: 1
Pefkos

1st time in rhodes ,staying at the amfitriti hotel in pefkos can anyone give me any info it

oldbury, west...
reviews: 101
1. Re: Pefkos

Hi there. Amphitriti is a lovely hotel. Just five minutes to the beach and a few minutes to all the bars/tavernas. We stayed there in 2010. Unfortunately, since then, the price has doubled now that Thomson have got them. Are you just asking about the hotel? The pool is a nice size. Our balcony overlooked the mountains, which we loved as it was nice and quiet at night. The rooms are of a decent size, but the shower (well ours anyway) was tiny. Quite adequate for our needs. The pool bar has now been refurbished, a bit neon for me. We visited from Lindos last year so had to have a nose. We were self catering so had a kettle and toaster, but I think if you're B/B you don't get these. All in all a good hotel in a perfect location. Flyers bar, just on the beach has a little plane which takes off on the small airstrip in front of Amphitriti which blows up a bit of dust but is quite entertaining to watch. Pefkos is a purpose built resort but not OTT and not too quite, with some great bars and tavernas. You must visit Lindos. Taxis are ready available at the crossroads and costs €8 or you can jump on the bus by Pefkos by Night for €2.50. My only advice is to visit after 4.00pm. Between about 10am and 4pm you get all of the cruise ship visitors and it gets too packed and very hot. After 4pm it's lovely. Rhodes town is another must and you can jump on the bus for €5.50 each way. Have a look on TA for reviews on Amphitriti. Also, you can look at www.pefkosexclusive.co.uk Click on the map and it will show you where most of the bars/tavernas, apartments/hotels are located. Another thing which is really good is the boat trip from Pefkos to Lindos. The captain is really amusing. If you come out of Amphitriti and turn right (Boat Trip Road), just follow the signs for the boat trip. You don't have to book and it costs €36 return for two adults. I think it goes twice a day. Before I forget, if you're coming from the airport by coach it will drop you off at Caprice bar as the road isn't wide enough. It's only a few minutes walk. Mary the receptionist picked us up in her car. Hope this helps and enjoy.

Denise :0)

surrey
2. Re: Pefkos

Thanks for that 'we are staying at the amfitriti and the price was very good £1650 b&b 2 adults 1 child

surrey
3. Re: Pefkos

£1650 self catering not b&b sorry

oldbury, west...
4. Re: Pefkos

Hi there. Glad i was of some help. When are you going?

Denise :0)

Wirral
reviews: 3
5. Re: Pefkos

Hey

Just got back and had a good look at the Amphitriti, I must say I was very impressed. Fantastic location a few mins walk from the main Lee beach and a nearby shortcut thru to the more chilled AG Thomas and Plakia beaches. Lovely quiet pool area and quite a plush bar/eating/chilling area. As a result I put it on my future radar, but now I know Thompsons have got their hands on it, prices will have shot up and priced single travellers out of the market I suspect.

Anyway, a good choice.

Mart

oldbury, west...
6. Re: Pefkos

You're right there Mart. When we found out that Thomsons had 'got' it was disappointed as we only paid £650 in 2010. Know it's three years ago but a bloody big rise IMO. I wouldn't book with them again as I think they're really expensive even for a couple. That's my personal view though. (Don't want to get into any slanging matches as of recent posts lol). Hope the OP has a great time though. Have you come down to earth yet?. Flight landed a bit earlier then. Know you had a great time. Roll on September!!

D

Wirral
reviews: 3
7. Re: Pefkos

Hey

D: Yeah, enjoyed it thanks. Great journey home and yet again Easyjet were fantastic. On time, made up time, modern clean craft and staff v professional. It was a pleasure coming home which cant often be said. They have introduced new ergonomically designed seating to some of the craft. I was on one of them earlier. They are so comfortable in the upright position and because they are so thin, lightweight and simply designed, there is loads of legroom and width and you dont feel enclosed in by the seat in front. A great idea which works. Together with trialling mobile phone check in and purchasing 130 new Airbus planes (Boeing were challenging for the order), EJ are a major player in the market. Cant fault them.

You asked about the new bag drop procedure at Diagoras for the return flight. It was the quickest I have ever got through to passport control. You check the board for the EJ desks, queue was very short, moves quickly, the desk agent quickly scans yr on line boarding pass, weighs hold luggage and points to the hold luggage scanner aisle which is clearly visible. You take yr hold luggage to the scanner and thats it, it disappears and u go to passport control.. Couldnt have bn easier so dont worry.

Mart

surrey
8. Re: Pefkos

17 th july for two weeks ,roll on

oldbury, west...
9. Re: Pefkos

Have a lovely time, It will be hot, hot, hot!!

Mart. Thanks a lot for the info. Put my mind more at rest now.

D

10. Re: Pefkos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town