We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus route from the airport to Rhodes town

Which Rhodes Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
reviews: 156
Bus route from the airport to Rhodes town

I have previously used the bus to get to the airport but never used it outbound. Can anyone describe the route? I know it goes along the west shore of Rhodes Town does it then continue around the coast or cut across to the bus station?

11 replies to this topic
Faliraki, Greece
reviews: 34
1. Re: Bus route from the airport to Rhodes town

The bus from the airport would not continue down the east coast

To do so , you must change buses in Rhodes Town

Wirral
reviews: 3
2. Re: Bus route from the airport to Rhodes town

Hey

Scousemouse, its a simple route, it hugs the West coast from the airport going through Illaysos, Ixia etc and rounds the tip of the island into Rhodes Town, through the New Town and onto the bus station (West coast booth). Just the reverse of what you are used to. The bus stop is by the outside cafe area in between the 'departure' terminals at Diagoras.

At the West coast terminal in RT, you get off n walk 20 meters or so down to the East coast booth for onward journeys down the East coast

Mart.

Edited: 1:17 pm, December 03, 2013
Liverpool, United...
3. Re: Bus route from the airport to Rhodes town

Thanks Mart, it's as I expected.

It's your fault! I have booked another flight for 5 days on May 1st having seen the prices! I was looking for a weekend away for my birthday so decided to go there instead of the Algarve, we will may stay on the East coast of Rhodes Town, below the Old Town as I have never been there. I assume there is a local bus that runs down that way to Kalithea?

Edited: 6:13 am, December 04, 2013
Wirral
reviews: 3
4. Re: Bus route from the airport to Rhodes town

Hey

Ha ha, they were just too good werent they? Prices starting to creep up now, but just booked my parents flights for 19 May from L'pool to Rhodes for a week for £102 p/p return with RA. They are trying out the Coralli for the first time, they were last in Lindos in 2004

Yeah, you can catch a bus down to Kalithea from RT.

Enjoy yr early break.

M

Liverpool, United...
5. Re: Bus route from the airport to Rhodes town

Ryanair are a pain, they have changed the flight time from 7am to 1pm which means we don't arrive in Rhodes until 20.05. Besides losing a whole afternoon of a 4 day holiday it now makes us really late and as we have booked half board, maybe too late to eat even though we are now staying at a hotel on the west beach. We will only have hand luggage so I am hopeful to be out fairly quickly. Our original plan was to catch the bus as it stops outside the hotel but we may have to resort to a taxi. Are there more buses in early May?

Current bus timetable is:

rhodes-airport.org/rhodes-airport-transfers/…

Faliraki, Greece
reviews: 34
6. Re: Bus route from the airport to Rhodes town

www.ando.gr/eot//eng/Bus.pdf

This is the BEST place for bus times.

It gets updated regularly especially in summer

Harmony, Maine
7. Re: Bus route from the airport to Rhodes town

Hi,

Thanks for this informative post. We are arriving In Rhodes in June and was wondering if anyone could suggest a family hotel on the airport bus route.Since we are traveling light, we would like to use public transport from airport to hotel, walk up to the Rhodes Castle and then walk to ferry from Rhodes town for the next part of our trip. Is there a hotel that is on the airport bus route and yet walkable(15 mins) to ferry and Rhodes castle?

Thanks again.

Edited: 3:10 pm, May 06, 2014
Liverpool, United...
8. Re: Bus route from the airport to Rhodes town

Airport to Rhodes town about 25 minutes by bus 2.3 euros. Hotels on the west beach are not too badly priced. We stayed in the Rhodos Beach and had use of the 4* Belvedere's big swimming pool next door (also had evening meal there for a little extra cost on booking with Hotels4u, saved us a lot of spending money). We have also stayed at the Agla which is nice and friendly. The bus stops outside the Rhodos Beach.

You can walk the 1km from there to the old town in 10-15 minutes, the port is right across the other side of the old town so would take you considerably longer but you could get the bus to the harbour for 1 euro.

Harmony, Maine
9. Re: Bus route from the airport to Rhodes town

Thanks, "scousemouse" for the very helpful reply. I will look into the hotels you mentioned. Rhodos Beach sounds really good, especially since the airport bus stops outside. Can I take the harbor bus for Turkey ferry from hotel?

Also, I looked into Rhodes map and see there is a bus station in Rhodes town. I am assuming this is the hub for all buses to/from airport and local port for Turkey ferries. Will hotels in that vicinity work for airport and port buses? I see 2 hotels in the vicinity - Hermes and Amphitryon and read reviews on TP. Trying to reduce the time it takes to walk with kids to the Rhodes Castle & museum and back to hotel to pick up luggage for the Turkey ferry.

Happy travels! And, thanks for the help with the Fethiye ferry too. I could not have planned this trip without the TP community :-)

Liverpool, United...
10. Re: Bus route from the airport to Rhodes town

You can take that bus to the west coast bus station which is just north of the old town walls, see map (click to zoom)

…blogspot.com/_U9T9iMe3A_U/…2BMap.jpg

I am not sure from which part of the harbour the ferries leave so I can't say that this would be of any use.

Good luck with your planning

Reply to: Bus route from the airport to Rhodes town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town