We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rhodes old town bars and restaurants

Which Rhodes Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
reviews: 3
rhodes old town bars and restaurants

My boyfriend and I will be spending 2 .nights in the old town next may we go on a lot of city breaks and we like to relax and watch the world go by. What are bars and restaurants like in the old town? We tend to avoid British style bars and prefer to sample and explore the local drinks and cuisine ! though we are young! so any cool bars that could b recommended would be grateful !

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
1. Re: rhodes old town bars and restaurants

Hi there

As a general rule, it's best to avoid the bars and restaurants in the main squares where you often stand a chance of being overcharged. We often read here of people who sit down at a taverna in one of the main squares, order two large beers and end up with two huge 1-litre glassfuls for which they are then expected to pay €8-10 for ( each).

So, look for places in the quieter side streets where you might not have the view, but at least you won't be charged for it. A favourite place of ours is the Island Lipsi Taverna on Agisandrou St, this runs parallel to Odos Ippoton, the Street of the Knights. We've dined there many times and always had good food, fast service and reasonable prices.

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 176
2. Re: rhodes old town bars and restaurants

We thought the Old Town was great at night. Many of the "tourist bars" that open during the day close around 9pm and then others open just for the evening. We explored and found that there are lots of bars in the most unlikely places. You will need to get a map from the tourist information when you get there and explore the tiny alleyways during the day. We found rock bars, jazz bar and some pretty cool looking places. Most of the tourists seem to disappear and leave the locals and ex pats. We were there on a Saturday night and all the young people came out and gathered in the main square, it was like Concert Square at home. Late night, we liked the Walk Inn in Dorieos Square, it is actually open during the day and serves decent food. It has live music on a Sunday and has a courtyard and seats outside in the lovely tree lined square, we like nothing better than sitting and watching the world go by and in such an atmospheric setting it was fabulous!

http://thewalkinn.youplanet.com/

You will definitely find something to your taste, have a great time.

P.S. You will need a decent pair of shoes with thick soles to deal with the cobbles.

Liverpool
reviews: 3
3. Re: rhodes old town bars and restaurants

Thanks for the suggestions it sounds like there will be a real mix of places for us to choose from! I can't wait already! I've heard about the large beers ! we had this happen to us in Barcelona so will try to avoid those bars!

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
4. Re: rhodes old town bars and restaurants

Hi again

They are easy enough to avoid, just look at the other people sat outside any bar before sitting down, if they have enormous 1-litre glasses of beer in front of them, then keep walking.

Crewe, United...
reviews: 53
5. Re: rhodes old town bars and restaurants

I agree with GB re Island Lipsi we visited here in Sep and it was lovely. Lots of side streets and alleyways in the old Town to wander through. Definitely avoid the main square for a drink - great for people watching but you pay a high price. We like to go around 5ish when the large crowds return to the cruise ships and its cooler to walk round.

Have a lovely visit and hope you enjoy Rhodes Old Town as much as we do.

Leicester, United...
reviews: 16
6. Re: rhodes old town bars and restaurants

hi youll have a fantastic time in old rhodes.

there are plenty of eateries cheap and expensive to middle of the road.

have a good look around ive eatin in some lovely ones and never felt the pince yet its up to you i tend not to budget for food as its my holiday.ive never had a bad meal yet. enjoy

Ghent, Belgium
reviews: 4
7. Re: rhodes old town bars and restaurants

We went to the old town in Rhodos and had a drink in the Linthos bar in the Orpheus Street. For a Baileys and a Becks beer we payed 13€ !!! The staff is trying to cheat you all the way en they don't give a ticket. They sell 1 en 2 liter beers in glass boots. They say it's Mythos, but it isn't at all. One advice, don't go there! Those people are dishonest.

Huddersfield...
reviews: 12
8. Re: rhodes old town bars and restaurants

Hello, our favourite is socrates garden, on the main walkway to the knights, left hand side as you walk up the hill. It really is beautiful, all shrouded with pomegranate and lemon trees, lights in the trees and little waterfalls, think you would need plenty mozzi spray at night as vegetation and water is a real pull for the old mozzi, but it is lovely, none of the british "welly" of beer here, lovely surroundings and lovely people, whats not to like?! Have a fab time.

Faliraki, Greece
reviews: 44
9. Re: rhodes old town bars and restaurants

Another vote for Socrates Garden

Its the only place we go to in Old Town

Over many years we have always enjoyed the food & drinks @ sensible prices

north west england
reviews: 57
10. Re: rhodes old town bars and restaurants

I thought the socratous gardens were expensive and full of insects. There are several bars on the main street within 50yds with better views and cheaper drinks. Castello is only 2 euros for a pint beer in the roof garden, the bar to the left of that is even cheaper, the kebab house at the top of the street on the left is 3 euros for a pint, still sixty cents cheaper and you can watch the world go by.

Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town