We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Rose restaurant, Hebrew Square, Old Rhodes

Which Rhodes Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
reviews: 7
Red Rose restaurant, Hebrew Square, Old Rhodes

We ate at this restaurant in Hebrew Square, Old Rhodes. They use a collection of parrots to attract patrons. The parrots looked very stressed.

In addition, we asked for 2 beers. They returned with huge boot shaped glass containers filled with beer. When the check came, each beer was 18 euros.

Try to eat elsewhere.

England
reviews: 46
11. Re: Red Rose restaurant, Hebrew Square, Old Rhodes

Saw these people in action last week, a cruise ship load of people had just come into the square and they were working overtime with the parrots to get punters into their establishment, the poor things did look very stressed.

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
12. Re: Red Rose restaurant, Hebrew Square, Old Rhodes

Was that the punters or the parrots mulch? ;0) probably the punters once they'd got the bill...;0)

Again, worth saying, NEVER , EVER accept a seat in a place that doesn't display its prices, you're asking to be ripped off.

Edited: 8:57 am, September 19, 2013
England
13. Re: Red Rose restaurant, Hebrew Square, Old Rhodes

Oops, I just read it again!...probably both GB.... LOL

I might do a trip report later of our 1st trip to Rhodes....but as you can see I don't always write what I mean.

In case I don't and I'm sorry to hijack this topic.....but I will add the other thing in Rhodes Town which sadden me was the very young children begging, these were playing musical instruments (badly), some had very thin dogs as props. Later I saw what appeared to be the lady in charge of this 'operation', collecting the cash from the kids.....who herself, looked as if she needed for nothing. I'm surprised the authorities allow/ignore this practise as the children looked as young as 6-7 years old.

I do apologise for changing the topic subject.

Devizes, United...
14. Re: Red Rose restaurant, Hebrew Square, Old Rhodes

|It's an emotive topic mulch and one that usually stirs up a hornets nest. We saw young children playing the accordion or simply begging with puppies in Iraklion last week, of course, loads of passers-by were handing money over but this is organised begging at a high level, using the children as the bait really.

We also saw what appeared to be a very elderly woman dressed from head to toe in black sat cross-legged in Iraklion's Venizelou Square, she appeared to have a serious issue with involuntary body movements and people were chucking money into her dish. But as soon as a coin landed in it, she mysteriously stopped shaking and leant over the dish to examine what had been given to her, before resuming her "shakes" again.

Breda, The...
reviews: 118
15. Re: Red Rose restaurant, Hebrew Square, Old Rhodes

As long as people keep giving money this will go on.

It's a worldwide organised crime.

In Holland we have people who sell the homeless newspaper.

It's a huge crime organisation run by people from East Europe.

Edited: 3:44 am, September 20, 2013
Faliraki, Greece
reviews: 39
16. Re: Red Rose restaurant, Hebrew Square, Old Rhodes

The Police in Rhodes Town have been making a few arrests.

Beggers been charged with child neglect & animal cruelty

Devizes, United...
17. Re: Red Rose restaurant, Hebrew Square, Old Rhodes

Glad to hear it, about time too.

England
18. Re: Red Rose restaurant, Hebrew Square, Old Rhodes

Good news that action is being taken, I just hope they keep it up.

19. Re: Red Rose restaurant, Hebrew Square, Old Rhodes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town