We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit in Rhodes

Which Rhodes Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 17
Places to visit in Rhodes

Our trip is approaching and we are well excited. Can you guys recommend some must see / unique places or things in Rhodes - some gems we just shouldn't misss?

Is there a place where we could go snorkelling or on motor boats?

Also, tips on shopping in Rhodes? What sort of stuff can I buy.. I love shopping.

We'll have the car for a few days. Trying to download software for our sat nav..

Thanks.

Gia

stockton on tees
reviews: 8
11. Re: Places to visit in Rhodes

I still love seven springs and return there every visit Ilove to sit and have a meal from the restraunt and enjoy the atmosphere . Ok the lake isnt always there but it is still fun walking through the tunnel

Melbourne Australia
reviews: 25
12. Re: Places to visit in Rhodes

Hi Expert

I am arriving by cruise ship and don't want to do a 'guided tour'. The Top Sights you have provided - are they within walking distance to the pier?

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
13. Re: Places to visit in Rhodes

Hi there

There are sevral Rhodes DEs so I'll answer for us all. The cruise berths are within a short, level walk from the Old Town of Rhodes. Everything inside the walls of the Old Town is easily reached although you'll have a job to fit it all in in one day. It is all pedestrianied but do watch out for the occasional cab or scooter.

You will enter the Old Town via one of the huge fortified gates - inside many of these you'll find bookstalls where you can buy good, accurate street maps of the Old Town which detail all the sights and antiquities in English and Greek. All street names are there too. Buy one of these and you can't go wrong. There's a main east/west shopping street "Sokratous" which bisects the Old Town - use this for your bearings and you won't get lost in the back streets and alleyways.

You can jump in a taxi to reach Monte Smith ( Rhodes Town Acropolis) but other than that, I really wouldn't recommend you try to fit anything else in. Some folk jump on a bus or in a cab and go down to Lindos which is wonderful, but it's at least an hour either way and the Old Town of Rhodes has enough to keep you occupied for a week.

Ipswich, United...
reviews: 34
14. Re: Places to visit in Rhodes

Hi GB i am staying in Tholos next June and i keep hearing of Lindos is it very far to get too and would you advise bus or Taxis to visit round the Island thanks Jules

15. Re: Places to visit in Rhodes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 13, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town