We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from Rhodes airport to Kiotari

Which Rhodes Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
reviews: 4
Taxi fare from Rhodes airport to Kiotari

Have just booked our holiday for next August to Rodos Village, Kiotari. The coach transfer will take approx 2 1/2 hrs - don't want that so want to book a taxi for each way. Any idea how much we should expect to pay each way? I was thinking of booking it through our holiday agents but they will probably add on a bit extra?

Kiotari is about 55 km from the airport.

Leicester
Destination Expert
for Rhodes, Rhodes Town
reviews: 6
1. Re: Taxi fare from Rhodes airport to Kiotari

As a general rule expect to pay about 1 euro per KM. Set prices to all of the main resorts are listed on boards at the main taxi ranks so you know exactly what you will pay before you get in the taxi. Personally I wouldn't bother pre booking the taxis as you will pay over the odds. Taxis are plentifull and you will have no problems getting hold of one.

The 2 1/2 hours coach tranfer you have been quoted would be worst case scenario and allow for loads of drop offs before yours, i.e. main roads from the airport to Kiotari are very good so if you are lucky and one of the first drop offs (unlikely as I expect there will be drop offs at other resorts on your way down) it could be less than an hour transfer on the coach.

Enjoy,

Dave.

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
2. Re: Taxi fare from Rhodes airport to Kiotari

Hi there

All I'd add to Dave's good advise is to second his mention NOT to book via your hotel - they will charge you at least double the taxi rate and make you believe they are doing you a favour.

Leicester
Destination Expert
for Rhodes, Rhodes Town
reviews: 6
3. Re: Taxi fare from Rhodes airport to Kiotari

GB,

My experience of asking hotels to ring for taxis has always been 1 euro on top of the expected fare. It may be that because we always stay around Rhodes Town where Taxis are plentiful that they never have to travel far to come and get us??

Cheers,

Dave.

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
4. Re: Taxi fare from Rhodes airport to Kiotari

Hi dave

What I was thinking of really wasn't so much about asking the hotel to ring a cab for you to say take you from Rhodes Town to maybe Faliraki. but more along the lines of booking a taxi transfer on-line prior to arrival. In my experience, and judging by what others have said on the forums here, the hotels often mark the fare up by at least double, which presumably is then either pure profit for them, or a 50/50 split with the cab firm

manchester
5. Re: Taxi fare from Rhodes airport to Kiotari

we got a taxi from the airport and it was 50 euros and took about 45 mins

Timbuktu, Mali
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh
reviews: 74
6. Re: Taxi fare from Rhodes airport to Kiotari

The coach really shouldn't take that long, prob about 1 and a half hours.

However, as you are going in the school holidays and the Rodos hotels in Kiotari are popular for families, you may find that the whole coach is just for there and it will take an hour max.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
reviews: 33
7. Re: Taxi fare from Rhodes airport to Kiotari

I have to agree with the previous posters. Just get a cab from the line at the airport. Cab fares are set on Rhodos. If you catch any cab from the airport they will have to tell you how much the fare is and they are not allowed to ask for more. From the airport to my hotel in Rhodes Town last year it was 16 euro one way. So that gives you some idea.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 17
8. Re: Taxi fare from Rhodes airport to Kiotari

check out a2btransfers.com They seem to have one of the cheapest pre-bookable transfers, around £53 one way. The transfer to Kiotari is one of the longest, the roads are good, the drivers are fast! and if your staying in the Mitsis Hotels the journey is worth every minute. Last year our transfer to Kiotari took under 2 hours by slow coach.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
reviews: 82
9. Re: Taxi fare from Rhodes airport to Kiotari

A taxi would still be cheaper and there's always plenty available. I wouldn't waste valuable drinking money on a prebooked transfer!

scotland
10. Re: Taxi fare from Rhodes airport to Kiotari

Going to kiotaro holiday village tommorrow!!!

Got name of taxi driver from Michael from befast who left his number on trip advisor.

Meeting taxi guy Yiorgos 0030 697 372 3324.

Called him two weeks ago sent him email and hopefully all going well will pick us up tommorrow!

Price quoted was 50 euros.

Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town