We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday to rhodes

Which Faliraki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
fredrikstad
reviews: 3
holiday to rhodes

hallo, my boyfriend and me are going for our first holiday together.

We would like to travel to Rhodes.

We are searching for a beach hotel on a nice sandy beach. We are in our twenties. We are looking for a relaxing holiday but also places to go out in the evening, and some shops, so not to isolated.

Can somebody give us some good advice, thanks

Milton Keynes...
reviews: 3
1. Re: holiday to rhodes

Hi Dolly,

Lindos could be a good option for you. Its lovely, lots of sugar cube houses and winding lanes (the main transport is donkey)

There is a good selection of bars and Restaurants but isn't too loud or overbearing.

There is a gorgeous cove (St Pauls) a short stroll away which is one of the prettiest beaches I've ever seen.

If you want more of a puropse built resort then Pefkos is just down the road with lots of bars and Restaurants but again is quite laid back. The main beach there is OK but it gets very busy and its worth walking about half a mile out of town to the beach down the road (walk with the sea on your left)

There are also a few places that do excursions (I highly recommend the Symi trip and valley of the butterflies)

Have a lovely time, Rhodes is absolutley beautiful :)

Lucy

Jarrow
reviews: 50
2. Re: holiday to rhodes

Agree, Lindos is the ideal place for your first visit to Rhodes, once you've visited, you will be back year after year.

There are three beaches to choose from and all are golden sand that gently slopes into the warm, clear turquoise waters.

There are fantastic restaurants in the village, at the last count approximately 30 to choose from and roughly 40 bars/clubs to tackle ;-)

There are also plenty of small shops in and around the village which sells almost everything and a few supermarkets if you need any essentials.

It is also known as one of the hottest places on Rhodes as it is in a geographical 'bowl' making it a few degree's hotter than other places, a tan is guaranteed.

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
3. Re: holiday to rhodes

Hi there

Yes, Lindos or Pefkos would suit you well and both would be a good intro to Rhodes for you. Lindos sits in a unique location and is a village with pedestrianised alleyways and narrow streets. Pefkos offers you everything too, but it's a purpose built resort and doesn't have the authenticity that Lindos can offer.

Loads of photos of Rhodes here, with separate sets for Lindos and Pefkos, mostly taken in 2011.

flickr.com/photos/…

Rhodes, Greece
reviews: 4
4. Re: holiday to rhodes

It's worth considering Faliraki too - a fabulous sandy beach and it has lots to offer visitors of all ages (Bar Street is a limited area loud/busy in high season late at night - but it is not compulsory). Faliraki is also an ideal base being in a good location for visiting other places like Rhodes Town and Lindos (history/beauty). Check the Tripadvisor reviews and choose a place suited for your requirements!

Warning: Rhodes is addictive (there's so much to see & do that one holiday is never enough) - you'll want to return!

Swansea, United...
5. Re: holiday to rhodes

do you know of a travel firm? travelling to the romanza studios lindos rhodes flying from cardiff

Swansea, United...
6. Re: holiday to rhodes

can you tell me if any travel company flies to Romanza studios?lindos rhodes flying from cardiff

oldbury, west...
reviews: 123
7. Re: holiday to rhodes

Hi there Barbara. The only company I can find is alpharooms.com that departs from Cardiff with your chosen studios. Hope this helps.

Denise :0)

London, United...
reviews: 1
8. Re: holiday to rhodes

dolly5651 you did not say when you go to Rhodes and as AndyRVTR said above Lindos is probably the hottest place on the island so if you go from July through to the last two weeks in September you may wish to make sure that the accommodation has A/C and not all places do have it.

If you plunge for Pefkos and want to maybe visit Rhodes town or go to Symi go to Impress Holidays office they are near to the ZigZag bar, last year they had trips to Rhodes town for 7 euros return and the local bus was 5 euros one way.

Sarasota, Florida
reviews: 55
9. Re: holiday to rhodes

Taking my 2 18 year old sons, myself and 13 year old daughter to Rhodes in June. Been a few times but never stayed in Falaraki, is it good for 18 year olds to roam about as I guess they will want to roam and go out a bit nights. They are not mad lads but I cant be in a secluded resort with nothing for them to do. What is the price of drinks and cocktails in the Faliraki bars and is it safe or troublesome ? What about other resorts ? what's a good place for them ? I just want a nice all inclusive hotel in a lively ish place where the boys wont be bored and we can walk out to or be on/by a nice sandy beach. ?

Rhodes
reviews: 7
10. Re: holiday to rhodes

Falaraki sounds perfect for you and your family.

It would not be my choice of holiday but it has many bars and restaurants and several night clubs, having said that it is not as wild as has been made out by the TV series that featured it a decade or so ago.

It is safe, Greece in general has a low crime rate compared to many European countries. However when young brits have too much to drink they can cause problems amongst themselves.

So given that you trust your lads, I would say again that it sounds right up your street.

Get answers to your questions about Faliraki