We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise on Perissa

Which Perissa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Sunrise on Perissa

Just saw a YouTube clip of the sunrise on Perissa beach. Looks so stunning! How come no one ever talks about the sunrise and raves on about the sunset!?

So worth getting up at 6 in my opinion. Will be doing just that as much as we can manage in iur two week stay in July.

Just wanted to share to the first timers like us! :)

35 replies to this topic
Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
reviews: 21
1. Re: Sunrise on Perissa

<< How come no one ever talks about the sunrise and raves on about the sunset!? >>

Global tourist industry hype and gullible tourists who believe it.

The best things about the east side of the island are the sunrise and full moon night, but don't tell the caldera side visitors otherwise they'll all be heading down there.

It's definitely worth your while getting up early to watch the sunrise on a beach linger on the deserted beach.

If you're lucky enough to be there on full moon night, find a beach front bar, grab a drink and just watch the huge orange moon suddenly appear out of nowhere as it rises from the sea - magical.

Leave the sunset to the herds in Oia and Fira.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
2. Re: Sunrise on Perissa

<< beach linger >>

Beach lounger DOH! Bl00dy spell checker!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
reviews: 45
3. Re: Sunrise on Perissa

It could be because a lot of holidaymakers are in bed when the sun rises but we're all up at sunset ;-)

I have seen a few sunrises in Greece usually on my last day if I've had to get up early for an early ferry/transfer but was never up early enough when we were in Perissa last June.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
4. Re: Sunrise on Perissa

As Gemma1 says, there are also more people about at sunset than sunrise, therefore more chances to wring yet more €s out of tourists.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
5. Re: Sunrise on Perissa

You won't have to get up so early to see the sunrise if you visit in September. :)

Leeds, United...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Sunrise on Perissa

It is well worth setting your alarm for at least l one day of your holiday to watch the sunrise. Also as Bigsnitch says, if you are lucky enough to be there for the full moon, it is amazing when it rises "out of the sea", and the reflection on the water makes a lovely photo opportunity.

Stoke-on-Trent...
7. Re: Sunrise on Perissa

After two failed attempts to go back to Perissa over the past few years ( only deposits lost ) Ive booked a week starting Sept 23rd this year. Has anyone any idea what time sunrise will be and is there a new moon that week..Been to the island 4 times and hadn't heard about these before so I am on a mission now lol....Can't wait to go back to Perissa...love every bit of it ...many thanks

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
8. Re: Sunrise on Perissa

It's all right here: http://tinyurl.com/pjrnzyy

London, United...
reviews: 146
9. Re: Sunrise on Perissa

Flying out to stay in Kamari on Saturday & will differently get up early one morning to see the sunrise after seeing this post.

Boo

Stoke-on-Trent...
10. Re: Sunrise on Perissa

Many thanks BLL

Reply to: Sunrise on Perissa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Perissa