We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New years in Rauris

Which Rauris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
portsmouth
reviews: 21
New years in Rauris

We have been to Rauris for about 4 years now and its a great place but have always been in Jan. We are looking at going over new years and want to know if anyone has been and has any feedback on how busy it is. Generally when we go its very quiet and we like that and as a small resort i am wondering even at new years does it get busy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

6 replies to this topic
Saundersfoot...
1. Re: New years in Rauris

We have an apartment in Rauris and have spent many New Years Eves there, yes it is very busy for the whole New Year week with the resort normally completely full. Don't necessarily let that put you off as it is a wonderful atmosphere but if you are expecting a quiet resort you're going to be disappointed.

portsmouth
2. Re: New years in Rauris

Hello we have been for the last 4 years and usually about end of Jan which I guess is quiet in comparison.

Generally is the skiing and the snow all ok at that time of year.?

Thanks for your input and very jealous can't think of anywhere better to have an apartment. must admit did seriously think about it last year.

Saundersfoot...
3. Re: New years in Rauris

We have never had any problems skiing over New Year, even the queues for the lifts and the gondola aren't too bad, we've never queued for more than 15 minutes, where as in France over New Year we have queued for over an hour. We do try and be on the first gondola up in the morning and call it a day mid afternoon when the slopes can be very busy. Any other queries ask away.

portsmouth
4. Re: New years in Rauris

Thanks very much, that was really our biggest concern. Being a 'small' mountain we were worried that it would be a nightmare. But I guess once you are up there any way its not too much of a problem. We will all be in ski school as well so taking it fairly easy. When we have been in the past (always end of Jan) the slopes are really very quiet and in the evening the village is almost deserted, we expect its going to be busier over new years we just did nt want to waiting ages to get on the slopes.

Thanks very much again, now just have to work out how to pay for the holiday....

reviews: 15
5. Re: New years in Rauris

Hi there!

Am looking at a really good offer in rauris just now! I see in your comment that you've been quite a few times! Just wonderin where you stayed? The offer is for a week's b&b at the rauris guesthouses. Do you know these at all? Is it expensive to eat,drink etc within the resort itself? Just wondering if this offer is to good to be true lol!

Thanks! X

6. Re: New years in Rauris

Funilly enough the wife and I are staying there for a week from 25th January thanks to the price although ski passes seem expensive

Reply to: New years in Rauris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rauris