We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Sanata Teresa Honeymoon

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts...
reviews: 15
A Sanata Teresa Honeymoon

HI!

My fiance and I are looking to visit Santa Teresa for our Honeymoon ( end of NOv/ Beginning of DEC 2014). I have a few questions for people more well-versed with the area:

1) We are debating on a hotel. We love a fun, laid back vibe and we want a restaurant/ bar on property. Thus far we have looked at Red palm and Playa Cielo and really liked what we saw. Is there one we are missing?

2) As far as the flights go, Would it be easier to fly into SJ or Liberia? I want to avoid the long drive on the unpaved road so we were thinking a small plane may be a good way to avoid the drive. Any suggestions?

3) What are some MUST VISIT restaurants in the area? Great friends of ours visited last year and loved the restaurant and chef right in playa cielo, but we want to venture out as well.

THANKS!

Jeanie

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 22
1. Re: A Sanata Teresa Honeymoon

Can't compare the 2 properties but you can gets lots more info about the area and a map showing hotel locations at http://www.nicoyapeninsula.com/teresa/ You probably shouldn't limit yourself to Santa Teresa but look at that entire stretch of beach which stretches from Mal Pais in the south through Playa Carmen and up to Santa Teresa. they are all connected by a single road paralleling the beach and one "town" pretty much runs into the next as the development is very lowscale.

It would definitely be easier to fly into SJO and take a puddlejumper to Tambor and then a taxi to Santa Teresa. Check Nature Air and SANSA for flight times. If you fly into Liberia, there are no direct flights. You'll have to fly thu San Jose.

Massachusetts...
reviews: 15
2. Re: A Sanata Teresa Honeymoon

Thanks!

Saint Louis...
reviews: 2
3. Re: A Sanata Teresa Honeymoon

I am far from an expert on CR and in fact, we are making our first visit later this year too. After extensive research/hours searching the internet and reading the opinions of true experts on this forum, we decided on Casa Chameleon (in Mal Pais). Not sure it is a perfect match for you (it is in the rainforest; beach access, but not beachfront, and somewhat isolated), but thought an adults-only boutique with only six villas (each with a private plunge pool) and a chef on site might be worth a look...especially for honeymooners. Be sure to check out the Romance Package! Hope this helps and congratulations on your pending nuptials.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 13
4. Re: A Sanata Teresa Honeymoon

1. You can also check out Florblanca, Pranamar and the above mentioned Casa Chameleon (but it has no restaurant on premises and is high up above the beach....and the beach is rocky, not sandy). I would also suggest that you look at some of the house rentals on VRBO, many of them are very close to some great restaurants, some are on the beach....definitely a large range of rentals for every budget.

2. crfan is right.... If you are planning on taking a regional flight (Sansa or Nature Air) to Tambor, I would suggest you fly into San Jose because all the regional flights hub out of SJO and if you fly into Liberia, you will have to fly to SJO after to catch a flight to Tambor (closest airstrip to Santa Teresa).

If you are not in a rush you could catch a shuttle, from Liberia, the shuttle leaves for Santa Teresa in the afternoon. The shuttles leave from Alajuela (near SJO) in the morning.

Renting a car is really not that big of a deal. The dirt roads you will encounter are only around Santa Teresa. The major routes into the area are paved.

Refer to the top right corner of this page where you will find 'top questions' and one of them is about transportation. You will find web sites and suggestions on how to get here.

3. Once again, if you look up on the top right corner of this page you will find 'top questions' and one of them is about the restaurants in the area. New restaurants pop up every new season, also, keep in mind that some restaurants change chefs often and the meals vary even though the menu may stay the same, the food could be the best ever one year and the next year it could be a disappointment. Word gets around pretty quickly if there is a new great place to eat so just keep your ears open to suggestions when you get down here.

5. Re: A Sanata Teresa Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 30, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Santa Teresa