We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top activities in Santa Teresa for adventurous couple

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 6
Top activities in Santa Teresa for adventurous couple

Going to Santa Teresa in late january with my girlfriend and wondering what are some fun adventurous things to do besides surf. We already are planning on surfing and hiking some trails in nearby montezuma. Any links for tours, guides, trails, or secret destinations are preferred!!

10 replies to this topic
Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: Top activities in Santa Teresa for adventurous couple

Hola nick p !

I am sure you and your girlfriend will find endless activities to keep you occupied during your stay in the Santa Teresa area!

Here is a link to a site that gives you many ideas, connections for guides and tours and has an online guide for the entire southern Nicoya peninsula. You can also download it onto your smart phone via the Mobi app and you can find them on Facebook. The 2014 edition will be out soon.

In a nutshell, you can snorkel, go sport fishing, (boat to Isla Tortuga and do both in the same day....and get some sight-seeing in), go on a Quad tour or rent a Quad and do your own adventure tour, or horsebackriding, visit a butterfly farm, hike to waterfalls, zip-lining, SUP (stand up paddle-boarding), yoga, pilates, or just do nothing and hang out on the beach or in a hammock and take in the sights, sounds and smells (also known as plain old relaxing or doing nothing at all).

Figure out what you would like to do and see and then make arrangements for your activities when you arrive.

Let me know if there is something more specific you would like more information about! Enjoy your vacation in our corner of the country, stay safe!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
2. Re: Top activities in Santa Teresa for adventurous couple

ooops forgot to post the link!

http://www.peninsuladenicoya.com/

scottsdale, az
reviews: 17
3. Re: Top activities in Santa Teresa for adventurous couple

My family and I had some fun adventures in Santa Teresa. We loved the canopy tours in Mal Pais and in Montezuma. You will not be disappointed! I believe the company in Mal Pais is called Mal Pais canopy adventures. Another fun adventure we had was taking our rented quads off the beaten path. There are so many dirt road trails that take you deep into the jungle and you'll get to see plenty of monkeys walking around right above you. We took a day trip to Montezuma on our quads but took the scenic route from Santa Teresa via Mal Pais (made a stop at Mel Gibson's place for a few pictures), Cabuya (a short stop and side trip to cemetery island was really neat), then to Montezuma for zip lining, a hike to the Montezuma waterfall and dinner at the beach. While in Montezuma you can take a boat ride to Tortuga Islands for some snorkeling. nicoyapeninsula.com is a great resource and actually gives you really good information about the area and how to get around. Have a wonderful time!

San Diego...
4. Re: Top activities in Santa Teresa for adventurous couple

Thankyou for the reply! can't wait to explore montezuma and check out the various scenic adventures

San Diego...
5. Re: Top activities in Santa Teresa for adventurous couple

RE: Wefish88

Thanks for the info! I will definitely put it to good use. The isle of Tortuga sounds like a fun adventure!

Much love and take care!

Edited: 2:50 pm, January 06, 2014
Dublin
6. Re: Top activities in Santa Teresa for adventurous couple

You must have some affiliation to this website? You promote it heavily on here. Not a great site in fairness...

Edited: 1:50 am, January 21, 2014
7. Re: Top activities in Santa Teresa for adventurous couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, January 22, 2014

Manuel Antonio...
8. Re: Top activities in Santa Teresa for adventurous couple

Apart from experiencing surfing, which is a must do in Playa Santa Teresa. Apart from surfing the waters of Playa Santa Teresa is perfect for swimming. Also you can explore the beautiful hidden white beaches in the jungle of the Pacific peninsula of Costa Rica.

Aachen, Germany
reviews: 1
9. Re: Top activities in Santa Teresa for adventurous couple

I would definitely suggest you to hang out with a local. Someone who really knows how to walk around the city, and knows the best places around. It doesn't have to be a Costa Rican necessarily! A great solution is to use this site: www.dopios.com that's what i actually did during my vacation there. The local is called Dominic and he is really friendly and outgoing, definitely a guy you should meet during your stay there.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
10. Re: Top activities in Santa Teresa for adventurous couple

brik:

no I have no affiliation with the web site mentioned above. The site has it's faults, but it has information. There are two other sites that I also promote (if you bothered to check out any of my past posts before you start accusing me of something I am not a part of):

www.nicoyapeninsula.com

www.nicoyazoom.com

all of these sites have a little something that is different and a few faults of their own. I send people to either of these three sites depending on what a TA member is looking for.

Trying to be as unbiased as I can be in this small community!!

Reply to: Top activities in Santa Teresa for adventurous couple
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted