We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help! So many options! Looking for a great trip tip!

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Starkville...
reviews: 24
Please Help! So many options! Looking for a great trip tip!

So we have finally decided on Santa Teresa for our college graduation trip (3 or 4 young women) thanks to a post in the Costa Rica forum and we are so excited! With as much as I have scoured the internet for an appropriate hotel, I have just further confused myself. Different sites give varying information, so I thought I would ask people "in the know." We will be staying 7-8 nights in May 2014. We do not want a giant resort or all inclusive resort. We love the small beach town feel. We are looking for a safe, beachfront property, with air conditioning that is easy walking distance to restaurants, bars, etc. Our budget is not huge, but we will pay a little extra for the right accommodations (between $100-$150 total per night is ideal). Also, what is a good estimation of daily spending money needed for food/alcohol/light shopping? Thanks so much! Any help is appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 20
1. Re: Please Help! So many options! Looking for a great trip tip!

Start your search with a map showing hotel locations: http://nicoyapeninsula.com/teresa/north.php

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 13
2. Re: Please Help! So many options! Looking for a great trip tip!

Along with the map and site that crfan sent, here is a quick hotel guide for you to look at, it is broken down into rates and amenities. www.nicoyazoom.com/en/hotel-guide/index.html

Cross reference it with the maps and you should figure out something that would suit you.

If you eat at local 'sodas' and have Costa Rican meals, you will spend less and get a full balanced meal for under $10. If you add alcohol, you will be paying plenty to drink at a restaurant. If you buy your alcohol at the supermarket, it will cost less. There are so many restaurants to choose from, you will find something that will meet your budget and you will figure it out pretty quickly!

That's the best part of Santa Teresa.....there is something for everyone, no matter what your budget is!

Edited: 1:37 am, October 02, 2013
boston, ma
reviews: 23
3. Re: Please Help! So many options! Looking for a great trip tip!

Rent a condo. You will have more room and it will be cheaper. Hotel sales tax is 13% Tip the house keeper to make you rice and beans. Go to a market and get lots of fruit, buy Rum and put it in a blender. That's dinner and drinks. Don't but bottled water. Thurs and Fri in Playas Del Coco women drink free. Every bar has Happy Hour half priced drinks.

Savannah, Georgia
reviews: 14
4. Re: Please Help! So many options! Looking for a great trip tip!

I realize this topic is old...but for future reading...

If "walking distance" to the main town area is very important to you, please be extra careful when booking your rental. The roads (at least when I was there two years in a row 2012, 2013 Feb) can get VERY dusty. Word was that they were going to get paved over or something so not sure if that happened.

Essentially, there is one road in Santa Teresa that most things are located on. If you are too far down the road, your options for walking distance will be limited to only a few restaurants. Plus, one year we went it was not that hot, the next---sweltering!! To walk far in that kind of heat you had to manage your day depending on the afternoon temp.

Reply to: Please Help! So many options! Looking for a great trip tip!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted