We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
37 reviews
Shopping

I am travelling to Santa Teresa for six weeks and want to pack light. What is there in the way of clothes shopping in the area? Are prices reasonable?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Shopping

Santa Teresa is a very small town. You might pick up a few souvenir T-shirts in town or a beach towel but you're not going shopping for a wardrobe. See more at www.nicoyapeninsula.com/teresa/teresa.php Might want to make sure wherever you're staying has laundry facilities if you're not packing much.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Shopping

You can ask if there's a ropa americana, out used clothes store.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: Shopping

Thanks. I will have access to laundry. Not looking for designer clothes or anything, just wondering if I can buy a swimsuit, shorts, flip flops . . . That kind of thing.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
59 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: Shopping

There are several cute boutique and surf shops in town...but they are not cheap! Clothes of any quality in general are not cheap in CR - the import taxes are very high on clothes...but especially in the more-expensive beach communities.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
31 posts
5. Re: Shopping

Mainly small surf shops and bohemian type motiffs...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: Shopping

Awesome. Thanks for the help.

7. Re: Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 15, 2014