We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

credit card, atm, banks in santa teresa

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
reviews: 7
credit card, atm, banks in santa teresa

Hi - off to ST in 2 weeks and wondering to what extend restuarants and such take credit cards? ive been to other areas in CR and it was easy but I know ST is less developed? Is there an ATM or bank easy to access? I don't want to carry too much cash with me but im there for 7 days? thanks in advance.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: credit card, atm, banks in santa teresa

There are two banks, Banco Nacional de Costa Rica and Banco de Costa Rica, they are across the street from each other, they have different hours with the Banco Nacional open from noon to 7PM. There are ATMs and you can usually get cash out of them but occasionally they run out over the weekend. I suggest you make arrangements to have cash accessible through a bank card and a credit card or a cash credit card in case one doesn't work in the ATM (some cards don't work, some do) and be sure to tell your bank and credit card company that you are traveling to Costa Rica so that they don't stop any transactions when you try to use the cards here. You cannot rely on most of the restaurants to take your credit card down here. Change your US$ into Colones as the bank, or take Colones out of the ATMs when you have an option of US$ or Colones. You will get a better exchange rate at the bank.

2. Re: credit card, atm, banks in santa teresa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 10, 2014