We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advice from a local expert

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 5
Need advice from a local expert

I'm bringing my athletic 18 yr old son down there this weekend to learn how to surf. Deciding between Lucero (staying at Nautilus) OR Casa Cecelia which I know is right on the beach. Never having been there, which location would you recommend for a beginning surfer and location in general. Thanks.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: Need advice from a local expert

Either one is good. The instructors take the students to a part of the surf which is right for the level of instruction needed.....not necessarily directly in front of the place you are staying. I like the beach in front of Casa Cecilia and north, it is a bit calmer and the rip is not as strong.

New York City, New...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Need advice from a local expert

Thanks wefish. And is that area farther north a little more quiet in general? But still walking distance to everything?

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
3. Re: Need advice from a local expert

There are a few restaurants within walking distance and a store under a mile away. I am not sure what else you are looking for.....but a good tidepool about a 10 min. walk (north more) on the beach.

If you go to www.nicoyapeninsula.com you will find some great maps with the hotels and all the stores and restaurants marked. You can see what is in the vicinity to each hotel you are asking about.

4. Re: Need advice from a local expert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 16, 2014