We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yoga/surf trips for families

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dc
Level Contributor
31 posts
yoga/surf trips for families

Hi. i am interested in taking my family (kids ages 11 and 9) to a costa rica retreat for surfing and yoga. I see many cool options but can't tell if they are good for kids, especially beginner surfers. The more luxurious the better. Thanks.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,656 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: yoga/surf trips for families

I would take a look in the Nosara area. You will find both yoga and surfing.

Check this out: http://www.visitnosara.com/nosara and this: www.nicoyapeninsula.com

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: yoga/surf trips for families

Hattie is correct, Nosara is all about surfing and yoga. Of course there are other activities but those two things are the big draw. Take a look at The Harmony. I think it's what you are looking for!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: yoga/surf trips for families

Santa Teresa is definitely a hot spot for yoga and surfing, just not many luxurious places to choose from....Pranamar, Florblanca and Latitude 10 are the first to come to mind. You may want to look into renting a luxurious house through VRBO.....many to choose from and then you can hire a chef or whatever your heart desires to make your vacation your dream come true.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
731 posts
4. Re: yoga/surf trips for families

Both Nosara and Santa Teresa would work.

In Nosara, Harmony Hotel is probably your best bet, right on the water.

But it's nowhere near as luxurious as Flor Blanca or Pranamar.

all of those would suit your needs for yoga and surf

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: yoga/surf trips for families

I don't think Flor Blanca takes guest under 16.

6. Re: yoga/surf trips for families

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 05, 2014