We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this normal booking of accomodations???

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Is this normal booking of accomodations???

I am trying to book a cabin at Don Jon's and instead of me giving my credit card information to book the reservation they are asking for my passport and country?

Is that the way things are done? Not sure how comfortable I am about giving out my passport number to someone, should I be concerned or is this the way of business.

Thanks

everyone

Playa Conchal...
reviews: 57
1. Re: Is this normal booking of accomodations???

Yes, pretty common. Although more common to ask for passport AND cc details. Don Jons has many excellent reviews, which is a good sign!

Irvine, California
reviews: 87
2. Re: Is this normal booking of accomodations???

Some lodges do ask you for your passport info (nationality) and some ask you for your passport number. But if you are uncomfortable giving out your passport number just tell them you do not want to disclose it. I did that in a few places that requested it and none of them complained.

Most places only ask you to complete their credit card authorization form and send it back. That form has a spot for number of guests, names and citizenship info.

Again, you are not obligated to give out your passport number. Just your name as it appears in the passport and your nationality is all they need.

Regards,

Aero E

3. Re: Is this normal booking of accomodations???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 20, 2014