We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From SJO to Nature Air in 2 Hours?

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Batesville
From SJO to Nature Air in 2 Hours?

My wife and I will be arriving at SJO at 9:45 a.m. Will we be able to catch the noon flight on Nature Air to Tambor?

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: From SJO to Nature Air in 2 Hours?

Yes you can, once you exit the airport take an orange cab and they will take you in less than an hour to the nature air airport.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
2. Re: From SJO to Nature Air in 2 Hours?

I think you will be cutting it pretty close! Who knows how long it will take you to get through customs and immigration and pick up your bags....could be 30-60 minutes, depending on how many other planes have landed around the same time as your flight.

Then you will have to get a cab to the Pavas airport and usually that takes about 30 min. Generally, you are supposed to check in at Nature Air at least 45 min. before your plane leaves.

Can you not get on a SANSA flight in the early afternoon? SANSA leaves from the same airport that you will be arriving at and is a 7 min. walk between terminals.

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
3. Re: From SJO to Nature Air in 2 Hours?

I agree with wefish on this one. It typically takes an hour to get out of the airport and 30 minutes to the airport in Pavas. It might take less...... it might take more.

I would try to rearrange or take a Sansa flight as wefish suggested.

Batesville
4. Re: From SJO to Nature Air in 2 Hours?

Thanks, folks!

I thought that we'd be cutting it way too close, but I figured that the sooner we caught a plane to the west coast, the sooner we'd be able to get to the beach in Santa Teresa! There are other, later flights with both Sansa and NA.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
5. Re: From SJO to Nature Air in 2 Hours?

Cidbob:

I totally understand the desire to maximize your beach time, but I would suggest that you try to get on the 1:30 SANSA flight. It will put you into Santa Teresa 1.5 hrs later....but you will not be rushed and you don't have to spend time and money on a cab to take you to the other airport and it will give you leisure time to stroll over to the SANSA terminal and be checked in well in advance of you flight!

Batesville
6. Re: From SJO to Nature Air in 2 Hours?

I took your advice and just reserved with Sansa.

San Jose, Costa Rica
7. Re: From SJO to Nature Air in 2 Hours?

Good move...SANSA...

roadadvisor

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
8. Re: From SJO to Nature Air in 2 Hours?

As roadadvisor said....Good move! You will be happy to be at a slower pace and not have to rush and deal with traffic and cabs! Enjoy your beach time at Santa Teresa!!

Monroeville, New...
9. Re: From SJO to Nature Air in 2 Hours?

I stayed in the hotel on the street nautilus is located,but on the main street corner .there is a outside soda there also,but didn't get the name of it either?.any info

10. Re: From SJO to Nature Air in 2 Hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 20, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Santa Teresa