We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Frisco, Texas
reviews: 17
Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

Hello -

Anyone stayed at both Florablanca and Pranamar? I am having a hard time deciding between the two. We are heading back to CR this May. With the green season specials we can get a Garden Villa at Florablanca or an oceanfront villa at Pranamar for about the same cost per night. Obviously oceanfront is a draw, but I want the best overall experience rather than just choosing a spot for room location. We have been to CR many times, but this is our first trip to Santa Teresa. We plan to be beach bums most of our stay to relax and enjoy our anniversary. So picking the right resort is important since we will spend the majority of our time there.

Couple questions:

1. Is there any notable differences with the beach at either resort? We like a rough ocean view ideally. For example we like Playa Langousta far better than Tamarindo beach when it comes to sitting and enjoying the ocean surf and sunsets.

2. How is the overall vibe at Pranamar? We like a lively friendly/fun vibe in a resort. Not a party scene but an overall fun atmosphere to get to know people. When I hear yoga retreat my mind goes to a vision of a very serene spiritual meditating type vibe. Is this the case?

3. We do not have children. While not kid haters if one resort is better for less kids that is a plus for us.

4. We are huge foodies… Does that impact the decision between either of the resorts.

Thanks for any feedback. I have combed the reviews and pictures and still cannot decide :o)

Frisco, Texas
reviews: 17
11. Re: Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

Hello -

We loved our stay at Florblanca. It is a very special little place and we would go back in a heartbeat even with the complaint I am about to share below. We unfortunately never made it down to Pranamar for lunch as we planned, so I cannot compare.

So for my complaint…. The only negative during our stay was I suspect key management might have been on vacation because we did not feel the service and upkeep of the common areas was up to the standards consistently raved about in the reviews. It was late May during low season and for what we paid we were pleased. The bones of the resort are spectacular and clearly has the potential to be a fabulous luxury resort. Knowing though what regular pricing is for this resort, had I paid those prices I would have been disappointed I think. Like I said though all the other reviews cannot be wrong and we are not hard to please. We are accustomed to travelling at all levels and setting our expectations appropriately. We have also been to Costa Rica many times, so this was not us expecting US standards in CR sort of thing. Something was just off with the team while we were there and you could feel it. The other guests we met during our stay had similar comments and felt the same way. With that said though we ran into several people from a wedding that rented out the resort after our stay and we talked about our experience and they had a completely differnt experience and none of the same issues, so I am convinced we were there during an off time for the staffing rather then this being some overall issue with the resort.

If you go get Villa #3. Definitely the most private of the standard villas and the monkey’s come across the trees daily right off your balcony.

San Francisco...
12. Re: Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

I'm a single father going to Pranamar with my 2 kids, age 11 and 13 this summer. Any recommendation on things to do or plan for? We want to: take surf lessons with one of the surf schools, hike, swim in the waterfall fed pools and see the wildlife in the jungle, go deep sea fishing, go zip-lining, off-road driving. We will be there for 8 days. Based on your experience, would you prioritize anything, add anything and recommend any specific vendors?

13. Re: Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 17, 2014