We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Frisco, Texas
reviews: 18
Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

Hello -

Anyone stayed at both Florablanca and Pranamar? I am having a hard time deciding between the two. We are heading back to CR this May. With the green season specials we can get a Garden Villa at Florablanca or an oceanfront villa at Pranamar for about the same cost per night. Obviously oceanfront is a draw, but I want the best overall experience rather than just choosing a spot for room location. We have been to CR many times, but this is our first trip to Santa Teresa. We plan to be beach bums most of our stay to relax and enjoy our anniversary. So picking the right resort is important since we will spend the majority of our time there.

Couple questions:

1. Is there any notable differences with the beach at either resort? We like a rough ocean view ideally. For example we like Playa Langousta far better than Tamarindo beach when it comes to sitting and enjoying the ocean surf and sunsets.

2. How is the overall vibe at Pranamar? We like a lively friendly/fun vibe in a resort. Not a party scene but an overall fun atmosphere to get to know people. When I hear yoga retreat my mind goes to a vision of a very serene spiritual meditating type vibe. Is this the case?

3. We do not have children. While not kid haters if one resort is better for less kids that is a plus for us.

4. We are huge foodies… Does that impact the decision between either of the resorts.

Thanks for any feedback. I have combed the reviews and pictures and still cannot decide :o)

12 replies to this topic
Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

Wow! Tough decision!

How about a flip of the coin?!

answers to your questions:

1. Florblanca has a nice beach sloping into the ocean and unobstructed view.

Pranamar has a lot of lava flows and rock in front of their sandy beach, with a beautiful gradually sloping beach a few minutes walk away.

2.Pranamar feels very Zen, and has a Bali theme. Florblanca is more modern with a tropical mix. Both have lovely architecture and have beautifully appointed accommodations.

3. Pranamar allows children, Florblanca has an age limit for children. You might choose Florblanca over Pranamar if this is your main decision maker.

4. Why not email each and ask for a sample of their menus so you get a feel for what theme or choices they have to offer?

Just recently, a couple were having the same dilemma and they may have some info. for you if you contact them directly, I believe they have already been here.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g635538-i14346-k562…

Good Luck and let us know how it all turns out!

Frisco, Texas
2. Re: Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

Thank you so very much. Funny I did not find this thread as I did a search (obviously not a good one though ;o)). I really appreciate your time!

Jacksonville...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

What was your final decision and why ?

Frisco, Texas
4. Re: Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

I ended up with Florblanca, but we do not travel until May so I will report back our thoughts then. Both places look beautiful and receive great reviews. I am sure we would have been thrilled with either. In the end it was a couple of things that swayed my decision. One was reading the negative reviews for both places. I like to see if what bothered the reviewer would also bother me, and I also like to see if the resort responded, how they handled the issue. What I found interesting in this case, was how the management at Pranamar responded to any negative review. Very attacking and sometimes downright rude and condescending in situations where it simply was not warranted. Florblanca on the other hand was very gracious even in situations where the reviewer was off their rocker in their complaints to be honest. It may just be me, but this type of information speaks volumes to how a resort is run and what my experience might be when there. It also gives me a gauge how a problem might be handled if it does occur on vacation. So in this case it became a deciding factor. So after spending far too much time analyzing and sifting through the hundreds of reviews, it just seemed a better fit to choose Florblanca. We will see if I made the right decision in a few months!!! :o)

Jacksonville...
reviews: 8
5. Re: Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

I totally understand. Vacation time doesn't come easy and we want time and money well spent.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
6. Re: Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

Good point researching the negative reviews and responses!

I hope you are happy with your choice and we are looking forward to a review when you return! Enjoy Santa Teresa and Flor Blanca!

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 6
7. Re: Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

You made a good choice, Florblanca is a great hotel and very well managed, you will love it there, on the other hand you mentioned your foodies. Florblanca has great food , but since you are going to be in the area, please don´t miss Papaya Lounge located at Moana Hotel, the food here is spectacular, the style is "tapas" meaning small dishes, this allows to try many dishes and all are very good, besides they have the best view on the area, perfect to enjoy a sunset, don´t miss it, it will be a nice touch to your trip.

Frisco, Texas
8. Re: Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

Ohhhh Thank you so much for the food tips!

Birmingham, Alabama
9. Re: Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

Do you feel that you make the right choice in chosing Florblanca over Pranamar? We are having the exact same dilemma deciding and would love to hear some feedback on your stay...

San Jose, Costa Rica
10. Re: Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???

Just as a side note, Flor Blanca was built and intitially run by the current owners and builders of Pranamar.

Pranamar has a slightly more relaxed vibe, and caters to yoga groups at times. Flor Blanca is slightly more "luxurious" Both have really good food.

In addition to the Papaya recommendation, I really like the restaurant Brisas del Mar, and you can't beat its sunset views

Reply to: Help!!! Stuck and cannot decide Florablanca or Pranamar???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted