We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to arrange transportation from SJO to Santa Teresa

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westfield, New...
reviews: 78
Best way to arrange transportation from SJO to Santa Teresa

I'm trying to organize transportation for a event in July and am seeking ideas for pre-arranging travel for a group from SJO to Santa Teresa, who may not necessarily be on the same flights.

I know there are flights to Tambor and driving/ferry or driving/speedboat options - just trying to provide easy stress free transfers to people traveling to CR for the first time.

Any advice appreciated.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: Best way to arrange transportation from SJO to Santa Teresa

If the group is going to wait for all to arrive and then travel together, it is best to hire a driver to bring everyone to Santa Teresa on a shuttle.

If the group is arriving at SJO and individually making their way in smaller groups, you might consider using one of the shuttle services that run on a schedule between the city and the beach :

Tropical Tours, Montezuma Expeditions, Interbus are a few options.

This is likely the least stressful because a driver can pick everyone up at a pre-arranged spot, as can most of the shuttles.

check out these sites for more shuttle info:

www.nicoyapeninsula.com

www.nicoyazoom.com

www.peninsuladenicoya.com

Westfield, New...
reviews: 78
2. Re: Best way to arrange transportation from SJO to Santa Teresa

Thank you so much! I will look into shuttle services.

So, just to clarify, are you suggesting that I have a driver/shuttle service drive the entire way to Santa Teresa? I would imagine that is a considerable drive.

Would it be preferable to driving to the ferry? I suppose that involves many steps and would require another shuttle on the other end.

I also considered the possibility of chartering a plane, but I don't know how to go about that.

I'll first look into some of the links and companies you suggest though. Thanks again for your help!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
3. Re: Best way to arrange transportation from SJO to Santa Teresa

Yes, you can charter a plane. Contact either Sansa or Nature Air, or check out this site:

www.airchartercentralamerica.com/rates.html

You can also hire a driver with a microbus and it will take 8 passengers (or maybe more?) right from your hotel or the airport to your destination. That way you are not hauling your bags onto the ferry and having to hire cabs on the Paquera side (which are very expensive!). It really isn't that much price difference having a driver take you all the way to Santa Teresa and to split it between a number of people, it would not be much per person.

If the group charters a plane, you still have to arrange a cab or shuttle to take them to Santa Teresa.

4. Re: Best way to arrange transportation from SJO to Santa Teresa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 28, 2014