We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warning - Safe Stolen out of Hotel Room

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 7
Warning - Safe Stolen out of Hotel Room

Hi. We're just returning from Santa Teresa and we had a great time. However, on our 2nd to last night there we went to dinner and came back to our room only to discover our door had been kicked in and the thieves stole the safe that was BOLTED to a concrete wall. To be honest, we were shocked/panicked as our passports, credit cards, cash, IDs and computer were in the safe and it really sucked. The hotel management was amazing and that's why I'm being anonymous as to what hotel it happened. The manager helped book us flights to San Jose so we could go to the Embassy to get Emergency passports. He also helped with all translations with police and covered all remaining expenses. The hotel staff was incredibly kind to us and on our last night the chef hand-delivered our meals to us at dinner.

I'm posting this as a warning to anyone in the area now or planning to arrive soon. At the police station, the investigator told us we were the 15 person to have this happen in the last 2 weeks in this area and the same night we were robbed so was a guest at the hotel next door!!!

The robbery put a damper on our experience but we were happy we weren't in the room or walked into the room as this was happening. This was my 3rd trip to Costa Rica and I love it there and I plan on many more trips. I just wanted to share my story to help others.

nebraska
reviews: 40
11. Re: Warning - Safe Stolen out of Hotel Room

Yankeesgirl22,

The world is a better place with you in it!

Pura Vida

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 54
12. Re: Warning - Safe Stolen out of Hotel Room

+1 from me also, Yankeesgirl22! And I will copy paste you last sentence just in case something similar happens to me. Things are only things, what counts are memories and friends.

Mal Pais, Costa Rica
13. Re: Warning - Safe Stolen out of Hotel Room

Best attitude ever and would love to take you guys surfing your next trip down whenever you make it!!! Jobbies Longboards Playa Carmen and right at the beach, See you sooner than later we hope Pura Vida

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
14. Re: Warning - Safe Stolen out of Hotel Room

My God what a nice person you are...hard to beleive your whole attitude...but good learning humble lesson for many of us! GRACIAS!

Roadadvisor

15. Re: Warning - Safe Stolen out of Hotel Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 17, 2014