We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New organic grocer in Santa Teresa - Barefoot Gourmet

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Teresa, Costa...
reviews: 1
New organic grocer in Santa Teresa - Barefoot Gourmet

We just had our first visit to the Barefoot Gourmet Grocery store and were super impressed with the selection of meats and quality of the organic produce: http://organicbox.cr/

Seems like a cool store run by good people -- wanted to help get the word out so they have a successful first season in town over the holidays : )

9 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: New organic grocer in Santa Teresa - Barefoot Gourmet

Thank you good to know...

Roadadvisor

waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
2. Re: New organic grocer in Santa Teresa - Barefoot Gourmet

Wow sounds great! Where abouts is it located. We will be staying at Kana Mar villa near the soccer field.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
reviews: 1
3. Re: New organic grocer in Santa Teresa - Barefoot Gourmet

Exact directions always difficult...! If you're coming from the soccer field you'll see it before the first bridge on the way to La Cruce. It's not on this map yet, but I think it's around #17 on here -- if you hit the first bridge you've gone too far. nicoyapeninsula.com/teresa/teresa.php#carmen

There's a big sign, it's hard to miss.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
4. Re: New organic grocer in Santa Teresa - Barefoot Gourmet

It is located across the street from Luz de Vida more or less....

It is a great new business ... variety and healthy food choices!!

5. Re: New organic grocer in Santa Teresa - Barefoot Gourmet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:56 pm, January 14, 2013

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 6
6. Re: New organic grocer in Santa Teresa - Barefoot Gourmet

Great market! We were told about this market en route to Santa Teresa. Luckily enough we were staying a few places down from it. They had lots of fresh produce to choose from. My kids really enjoyed the water out of the chilled coconuts that were served with a bamboo straw. They were a staple to our daily beach trips. There is a large variety of meats and cheeses too. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was really happy to shop here and provide my family with healthy, delicious food! They have weekly produce boxes that you can pre order too, we would have bought one if we had been staying longer.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
7. Re: New organic grocer in Santa Teresa - Barefoot Gourmet

Sounds awesome, wish there was something like this near me

Los Angeles...
reviews: 17
8. Re: New organic grocer in Santa Teresa - Barefoot Gourmet

hi

is the market still open?

thanks

david

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
9. Re: New organic grocer in Santa Teresa - Barefoot Gourmet

The organic store it still in the same location, but it is now named Green World. Still has a great selection of food!

Reply to: New organic grocer in Santa Teresa - Barefoot Gourmet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted