We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Teresa - Recommendations for hotels

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 4
Santa Teresa - Recommendations for hotels

Hi we are visiting Santa Teresa for the first time in Feb. My fiance is a keen surfer and I want to be able to relax by a pool/walk to the beach and also visit restaurants in the evening.

We are looking at Horizon, Pranamar and also Flor Blanca (although only for a few nights as this is quite expensive). Any suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Santa Teresa - Recommendations for hotels

Horizon not right on the beach. For a couple somewhat less expensive beach options, I'd add Milarepa and Tropico Latino to your list...

Indian Harbour...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Santa Teresa - Recommendations for hotels

Pranamar is gorgeous but remote and rather isolated. For a great value I would recommend Otro Lado. It is walking distance to dining, surf shops, grocery and the beach. It also has a nice pool and is very quiet and a beautiful place for couples in particular. And if you don't have a car I wouldn't recommend staying outside of the main town area unless you rent a quad, which can be quite costly. The better beaches for surfing are in town as well.

Edited: 5:11 pm, December 17, 2012
waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
3. Re: Santa Teresa - Recommendations for hotels

Looking at Otro Lado too, would you consider it in town? What nearby restaurants would you recommend? Won't have car

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
4. Re: Santa Teresa - Recommendations for hotels

Loads of restaurants near Otro Lado. If you check out the maps on this site: www.nicoyapeninsula.com

you will be able to locate Otro Lado and many of the restaurants within walking distance. You will not have a problem....

5. Re: Santa Teresa - Recommendations for hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 19, 2013