We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Kolbi mobiles and USB wireless sticks locally

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Teresa, Costa...
reviews: 1
Looking for Kolbi mobiles and USB wireless sticks locally

My husband and I just relocated to Santa Teresa for two months to work and relax. Bought Claro prepaid burner (cheap, 2G) phones and wireless 3G modems as backup for work in case our wifi goes down, only to realize within minutes of arriving that Claro has zero service here (!).

Argh. So - if anyone is looking to sell their used Kolbi pre-paid mobiles or wireless modem (or knows how we can buy one new, locally), we'd love to know!

kayfiq8t
1. Re: Looking for Kolbi mobiles and USB wireless sticks locally

No but if you find out, can you please let us know. As I was thinking it would be a great service to offer our guests at our hotel.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 6
2. Re: Looking for Kolbi mobiles and USB wireless sticks locally

Are there ICE/kolbi stores in the smaller beach towns where one can buy a cell phone with a prepaid card.Or will Liberia or San Jose be the better choices

I will be in C.R. for 3 months. Can some one confirm that a Canadian with a passport purchase a prepaid cell phone?

Santa Teresa, Costa...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Looking for Kolbi mobiles and USB wireless sticks locally

You can buy credit for your phones at a bunch of small stores here but I haven't seen a place to buy them in Santa Teresa / Playa Carmen. We are Canadians who bought our (unusable on the coast) Claro phones in San Jose with passports and a credit card. it took quite awhile in the store to communicate what we wanted in Spanish and fill out all the paperwork, about 90 mins - leave enough time for this kind of thing when you go.

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
4. Re: Looking for Kolbi mobiles and USB wireless sticks locally

There is an ICE office at the International Mall near the airport (very close). I thought the rule used to be no foreigners can buy phones, but I think that's changed.

Now one of the companies even has a booth at the airport but that's just for chips for unlocked phones and they can't answer (in my experience) any questions about data or USB sticks.

Gary

5. Re: Looking for Kolbi mobiles and USB wireless sticks locally

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 21, 2013