We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Close to surf and fun

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 14
Close to surf and fun

We are going to Mal Pais/Santa Teresa in mid April. Trying to pick a hotel because I've been designated the travel agent so I have to make everyone happy. Narrowed it down to Otro Lado in ST and Ritmo Tropical in Playa Carmen/Mal Pais. I want to be close to fun, mellow surf and bars. Want a decent place to stay that's not gonna have club noise, but still close to fun stuff. Seems like everyone loves Otrol Lado, but it's far to the more mellow surf for me. Which do you suggest? I'm leaning towards Ritmo due to location and surf. Otro Lado just looks very "pretty" in the pix. Auyda me, por favor! : )

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: Close to surf and fun

Both are great choices!

You are correct in proximity to bars and mellow surf....Ritmo is the best option if you want a 'gringo bar' and another bar on the beach which is popular with the 'techno crowd'.

Otra Lado is close to the Lora Amarilla which is a night club that you will find more Ticos hanging out in. They have a great variety in music, every night seems to be some celebration!

Otra Lado is smaller than Ritmo and all of the rooms surround the pool. Ritmo has cabinas spread out and hidden by their gardens. The pool is central and right next to the restaurant.

I guess it depends on how large your group is and whether all of you want to take over the facility (Otra Lado), or lay low and have a more jungle atmosphere (Ritmo)!

Check out www.nicoyazoom.com and compare amenities for both of these places. Maybe take a vote and let the group as a whole decide, giving them all of the particulars and options so they have some comparisons. That way the onus is not on you.

Quebec City, Canada
reviews: 16
2. Re: Close to surf and fun

Do anyone knows Green Iguana Surf Camp? I am going to Costa Rica next Sunday and I thought that taking surf lessons can be fun...If anyone knows about that, please, just tell me.

I will be traveling around Dominical, Uvita, Ojochal...

Thanks

3. Re: Close to surf and fun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, December 17, 2013