We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap, safe, private xmas-new year's lodging suggestions?

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
reviews: 5
cheap, safe, private xmas-new year's lodging suggestions?

Ideally a bungalow or bungalow-feel apartment with a kitchenette and some doors (or at least windows, but really, doors) that I can open to the fresh air while still enjoying privacy. I'd like the option of hanging out with others staying at the hotel, but I don't want to have to, and I'd prefer not to have to shut all the doors and windows in order to obtain the privacy. (hotel I last stayed at in ST was lovely but lacked any privacy unless I had it on shut-down - i.e., unless I shut the front door and adjacent hybrid window-doors. All opened directly onto the pool, so I couldn't enter or hang out in my room with any privacy unless evertything was shut.)

preferably a place that isn't loud and doesn't tend to have rowdy clients. maybe not 20-somethings (no disrespect).

of course, the less expensive, the better.

thanks for any suggestions!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 20
1. Re: cheap, safe, private xmas-new year's lodging suggestions?

Santa Teresa, cheap and safe lodging over Christmas? Don't think such a thing exists. Two weeks before Christmas sure but you have picked the most expensive week of the year to travel and anything beachfront is going to be pricey. I checked out a couple of options that I knew of in the area and nightly rates for available rooms were over $300.

I did find a house in nearby Manzanillo that rents for $150/nite and is available according to their website, but I haven't seen this house. No pool either but a full kitchen. Check out Villas Orisha at http://www.villasorishas.com/houses.html

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: cheap, safe, private xmas-new year's lodging suggestions?

That is the one million dollar question...will be hard to find anything...but of course NOT impossible!

roadadvisor

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
3. Re: cheap, safe, private xmas-new year's lodging suggestions?

crfan hit it right on! Villas Orisha was the first one that came to mind....the small one bedroom cabina is perfect! The ocean is a 2 min. walk and the privacy is #1! Playa Manzanillo is quiet and away from the busy Sta Teresa, but not too far that you can't be in the action within 15 min. drive.

The longer you rent for, the less the $$$....monthly rental is the best price!

Everything is pricey over the Christmas vacation...best to rent before or after....if you can.

4. Re: cheap, safe, private xmas-new year's lodging suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, December 15, 2013