We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Teresa, Costa Rica in October

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hoboken, New Jersey
Santa Teresa, Costa Rica in October

Hi there! I'm traveling to Santa Teresa in early October of this year. I know its 'green season' aka rainy season and I've heard some mixed reviews on what the weather will be like. Anyone have any weather insight for this time of year in Santa Teresa specifically? I don't mind rain in the afternoon, in fact it's a good excuse to get out of the sun but I'm hoping it won't rain all day and everyday. Also, any activity tips or trips would also be great! Thanks!

New Orleans...
1. Re: Santa Teresa, Costa Rica in October

Hi Tiffy,

It is hard to tell. You are going during one of the rainiest times of the year.

Even then, the mornings should be clear. But you can certainly count on an afternoon rain.

I always tell my guests to avoid this time of year, if they can. But if this is the only window of time you have, then go for it! I would rather travel and get a little wet, than not travel at all!

I love Santa Teresa. I was there just a few weeks ago, and my daughter and her beau will be there in a few days. The beach is very pretty, and the surfers love it. If you are not a surfer, you have to pick your place to swim. But the front desk can clue you in.

Amazing restaurants too. There is a large European and South American expat community there. Some of the best meals I have had in Costa Rica!

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can offer more advice.

Warm Regards,

Pat Hewitt

Travel Professional

Edited: 5:54 pm, August 13, 2012
Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 7
2. Re: Santa Teresa, Costa Rica in October

The weather is not as predictable as it used to be, but you should expect some rain, not all day but afternoon and evening rain. It'll still be warm if not hot and humid before a down-poar. I wouldn't change plans just be prepared to be flexible and pick up sticks and head off if it isn't where you want to be!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
3. Re: Santa Teresa, Costa Rica in October

Agree with the above, could be a bit wet. Been a very dry year so far overall though so you never know. IMO as mentioned expect some rain in the afternoon & night time.

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Santa Teresa, Costa Rica in October

It is a tricky month of the year...but during October...can be wet...BUT again...this year we are in EL NIÑO year that means a lot less rains...and is already showing a serious decrease in rains around the Northern Pacific side of our country!

I always advice my clients...that nothing better than visiting a Tropical country as MY country during the wet season and if is with a little rain even better...every thing is grren...birds are happy...butterflies around !

I drive to Sanata Tereza about once a week...lovely area as nice as Montezuma and Mal Pais...great areas mostly for surfing..or just do nothing at the beach...or drive around to different beaches at the peak of Nicoya Peninsula...and in the last few years has become a meca for the Rich and Famous from USA...some incredible places to stay...all prices...great food...

Hopefully you can dealt direct with services providers you do not need any middle person to book anything...some big sharks around looking for your booking commisiosn and they can swin away with your money!

Please enjoy our country as much as we NATIVES do!

roadadvisor

Edited: 9:05 pm, August 13, 2012
Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
5. Re: Santa Teresa, Costa Rica in October

You could be a bit lonely! October is the time of the year when many people tend to escape the rain in and around Santa Teresa and travel to other parts of the world! A number of restaurants and some hotels close during this time.

As everyone above has said, this is one of the rainiest months of the season. Whether it rains all day (and it could), or only in the afternoon and/or evening is a big gamble. Be prepared, bring books and if you get bored with the weather, get out and visit the east coast of Costa Rica where it will likely be sunny!

Hoboken, New Jersey
6. Re: Santa Teresa, Costa Rica in October

Thank you all for the advice. I'm looking forward to visiting Costa Rica even if it's not the perfect time of year to travel there! If you have any recommendations for activities to do/ sites to see feel free to let me know! Thanks again!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
7. Re: Santa Teresa, Costa Rica in October

You are WELCOME!

Please enjoy our country as we NATIVES do!

roadadvsior

8. Re: Santa Teresa, Costa Rica in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 20, 2013