We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4-5 nights at Pranamar or Florblanca over NYE

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boontonnj
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
4-5 nights at Pranamar or Florblanca over NYE

Hello- i have posted on this topic awhile back.

I am traveling with my husband over nye. We are staying at Finca Rosa Blanca for 2 nights and wanted to head to Santa Teresa for 5 nights...have never been.

Florblanca has 5 nights in garden villa @ 620..includes nothing

Pranamar has ocean 2 story villa @ 620 with breakfast daily and yoga daily

For my 5 year anniversary and first trip to CR...where will I get the most for my money and really feel good about my choice?

Is 4 nights too short of a time? Pranamar only has 4 nights ): Florblanca has 5 night min....

thanks

andrea

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: 4-5 nights at Pranamar or Florblanca over NYE

Wow! That is a difficult decision!

I would go for Florblanca for the 5 nights. Breakfast is inexpensive if you go to a local soda. I can't imagine spending the equivalent of one night accommodation just for breakfast and yoga!

Florblanca doesn't accommodate children so it would be more adult oriented.

Both beaches are beautiful, both have gorgeous pools and both were the dream of the same people...Florblanca was the first dream...Pranamar is the newest.

Florblanca is a little bit closer to more restaurant choices (if you didn't want to be eating at their restaurant every night).

Both are top-notch places!

You just have to ask yourself if daily breaky and yoga included is important to you....or if you would rather venture out and have breakfast with the locals and enjoy a bit of culture. You can always drop in for yoga at Pranamar or any other yoga facility if you desire.

If I was making my way down to Santa Teresa for 4 nights and had a choice to stay for 5 for the same price, I would choose staying for 5.

boontonnj
Level Contributor
22 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: 4-5 nights at Pranamar or Florblanca over NYE

Thank you so much very helpful and i am glad that both places are amazing!

So the beaches are pretty nice...correct? I am now leaning towards my original Florblanca...actually it is a place i discovered while researching costa rica 6 years ago...and I said to myself...this would be my dream to be able to visit santa teresa and stay there...I think 5 nights is better too (: Im not big on breakfast but my husband is and we like to eat local so I like our advice...i dont need to spend 50 bucks on breakfast. Pranamars villas just are super nice and have full kitchens and two floors that walk out to kitchen...i doubt i will be cooking, but its a nice option. I sense Florblanca is a solid place with a good reputation and we wont go wrong. Can I ask:

Do you think we should rent a car and drive from the airport or taxi?

Is it recommended to rent and ATV while there? Do hotels typically allow you to have them on their property?

On the return home...I have a 3 pm flight from San Jose....What time should we leave Santa Teresa? Thank u!!!!!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,536 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: 4-5 nights at Pranamar or Florblanca over NYE

As far as car or quad (ATV) rental goes, you can do both. There are parking facilities at the hotels.

You may choose to fly from SJO on a regional flight (SANSA flies from SJO) to Tambor and rent a car from there and there are plenty of Quad (ATV) rentals in Santa Teresa to choose from.

If you are flying from San Jose at 3 and driving back, you will have to leave Santa Teresa bright and early to catch the first ferry out of Paquera and get to the airport, drop off the rental etc and check in...which it is advised to be at the airport 2.5-3 hrs. before your flight...to pay your exit fees and check in, get through security etc.

If you fly regional, you can leave Tambor and fly to SJO and have a 7 - 10 min. walk to the main terminal.

I believe there is a 9 AM flight (you should reserve early for this since you will be traveling at a very busy time if this is going to be your choice of transport).

Driving time is about 1.5 - 2 hrs to the ferry at Paquera, 1.5 hr. ferry ride and a 1.5 drive to the airport from Puntarenas on the new road. That is if all of your connections work out, there are no accidents and you get on the ferry you hope to be on. If you choose this option, I would get trip insurance to be sure you make your flight....anything can happen driving in this country....maybe consider going back a day early and spending the last night and a leisurely morning at a nice hotel like Xandri or Orquedas before making your way to the airport. It would take the stress out of a rushed trip back to SJO!

4. Re: 4-5 nights at Pranamar or Florblanca over NYE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 30, 2013