We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Teresa accommodations and itinerary

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
virginia
reviews: 6
Santa Teresa accommodations and itinerary

We've decided to stay in Santa Teresa for most of our Costa Rica vacation at the end of Nov/early Dec. We chose Santa Teresa for the beaches and because we were told to stay further north since we will be there at the end of rainy season. We are a couple in our mid-40s and 50s and are looking for accommodations on the beach or very close to the beach with great ocean views. We would like to find a very nice hotel, resort or rental/b&b. Pranamar looks really nice to us but I am not sure since there are so many choices. Also for help with our itinerary, do you recommend 2 days in the cloud forest at El Silencio or Peace Lodge or should we spend those two nights are Arenal? Not sure which to go to.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: Santa Teresa accommodations and itinerary

end of Nov to early Dec is a wonderful time to stay at Santa Teresa! Everything is so green and fresh!

Pranamar is a great choice on the north end of Santa Teresa on a beautiful beach with a huge tide-pool nearby which is one of my favorite for snorkeling and having a nice leisurely float!

You are right, there are many choices of house rentals and accommodations for every budget in the area. Which brings me to my question or budget.....you can narrow things down a bit by determining how much you want to spend and what amenities you would like at your accommodation. I don't know where you have been doing your research, but VRBO for Santa Teresa is a good start for private rentals and a good site for maps and a large variety of accommodations of every variety is www.nicoyapeninsula.com.

There are many beach front vacation rentals and B & B's and small hotels.

El Silencio and the Peace Lodge are very relaxing and a wonderful choice for two nights....both are very nice. Arenal is very busy and unless you are interested in zip-lines, hot springs and being around a lot of people, I would give it a miss. In the past, the volcano was very active and attracted tourists, but it has been very quiet for the past few years and more activities are filling the void to keep everyone busy.

virginia
2. Re: Santa Teresa accommodations and itinerary

Thanks! I think we'd prefer a resort or small hotel that has amenities over a rental (unless the rental is part of a resort). I've discovered Casa Chameleon which looks fabulous but I worry about being so far from the beach. I have a long list: Florablanca, Red Palms, Villa Hermosa and I saw Lattitude 10 and Batik and Moana Lodge which also look nice. I guess our budget is mid to mid-high range--don't want to spend $500/night but not looking for the most affordable either--we would like something special. We'd like a pool (freshwater), bar, restaurant, etc.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Santa Teresa accommodations and itinerary

Casa Chameleon is up on a hillside, very beautiful views, but not near a sandy beach. Moana Lodge is below, with some beach views but again, not near a sandy beach.

Florblanca, Latitude 10 and Red Palms are fairly close to each other and right on the beach, Red Palms has no pool.

Villas Hermosas and Pranamar are close to each other and on the same part of the beach.

Batik is about a 5 minute brisk walk to the beach and is the north-most of all of your choices and farthest away from restaurant choices and is a rental in a compound with other rentals....no bar or restaurant, but Pranamar (the closest restaurant) is a 5 min. drive.

If you want a nice sandy beach and a pool, you should choose between Florblanca, Latitude 10, Pranamar, Villas Hermosas, and Batik.

Villas Hermosas has no restaurant but is close to Pranamar, Florblanca and a few other restaurants.

Red Palms and Latitude 10 are rentals, no bar, no restaurant....but a number of restaurants are close by (some within a short walk).

All of your choices are very nice, highly recommended and at the top end of the budget scale.

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Santa Teresa accommodations and itinerary

Thank you wefish...great advice...gracias!

roadadvisor

virginia
5. Re: Santa Teresa accommodations and itinerary

Thank you so very much! I discovered Playa Cielo and think we are going to book there. It seems to have everything we want.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
6. Re: Santa Teresa accommodations and itinerary

Playa Cielo has a great restaurant and central to many stores and other restaurants! It is fairly new. I am looking forward to a review of the accommodations. Every time we have been there, they were full and we were not able to see their cabinas. Enjoy your stay!

7. Re: Santa Teresa accommodations and itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, July 09, 2013