We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap transport from liberia to santa-teresa

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
reviews: 4
cheap transport from liberia to santa-teresa

Hi guys!

We were wondering what would be our best option to go to santa teresa!!

Thank you!!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: cheap transport from liberia to santa-teresa

-Shuttle bus is about 40-50 per person (Interbus, Tropical Tours, Montezuma Expeditions, Tur Bus).

-Hire a driver or make a deal with a cab could be a better deal depending on how many people are traveling with you.

-The least expensive, but most time consuming is the public bus system which will take you to Puntarenas, then you have to get a cab to the ferry, walk on and then catch the public bus on the Paquera side.

Edited: 2:21 am, May 23, 2012
guanacaste
reviews: 31
2. Re: cheap transport from liberia to santa-teresa

Agree with Wefish88

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
3. Re: cheap transport from liberia to santa-teresa

Not such a thing like a cheap ride...make a deal with a driver at aririval...is a kind of a long drive...and fuel is not cheap around here!

roadadvisor

Montreal, Canada
4. Re: cheap transport from liberia to santa-teresa

thank you!!

how long is it? do you know? should I go to tamarind instead? because I was looking for a place less touristic... I bought Santa-teresa first but it is too far from liberia... Nosara seemed a good deal... What do you guys think?

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
5. Re: cheap transport from liberia to santa-teresa

I you are looking for less touristy, then Santa Teresa or Nosara are better than Tamarindo.

What time of the year are you planning on? (there are busy times of the year (Christmas and Easter) and there are times when there are very few people around (like rainy season Sept-Oct, but it is raining!), it is something to consider).

Driving time from Liberia to Santa Teresa depends on the time of the year and the different routes. If you drive from Liberia to Nicoya to Paquera to Santa Teresa, depending on the weather, it should take more or less... 4 hours.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
6. Re: cheap transport from liberia to santa-teresa

Totally agree...Tamarindo way to many people...but of course nice place...for less people...Nosara or Santa Tereza...I will include also Samara...

The drive to Santa Tereza from Liberia...about 4 hours...minutes more minutes less...the road is in good shape most of the way...they are working in some areas...

roadadvisor

Santa Teresa, Costa...
reviews: 13
7. Re: cheap transport from liberia to santa-teresa

Santa Teresa is worth the drive. It has lots of charm, incredible food, surfing opportunities, and a variety of accommodation options. I'd opt for either Montezuma Expeditions or Tropical Tours for a transfer. About $40-$50 per person. A private taxi could be another option.

Montreal, Canada
8. Re: cheap transport from liberia to santa-teresa

all good!! thank you so much!! I arrive in liberia in 7 days!!

Leuven...
9. Re: cheap transport from liberia to santa-teresa

Did Liberia-Santa Teresa a few days ago:

05:00am reyna del campo bus out of Liberia to Puntarenas: 3h, 2550colones

5min taxi to the ferry: 500colones

09:00 am ferry to Paqueras: around 1h, 810colones

At Paqueras take the airco Tourist bus that was also on the ferry and drives all the way to santa teresa: +/-2h, 3500colones (local bus may be cheaper but don't know the timetable).

Total price: 7360colones or about 14USD.

Very easy trip, nothing to worry about and a lot cheaper than the shuttles.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
10. Re: cheap transport from liberia to santa-teresa

Jeroendewilde:

Thanks for the transportation heads up! Definitely helpful for travelers on a budget!