We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
16 posts
300 reviews

Almost time to go- we are excited! Montezuma and Santa Teresa for us.

I've read a lot about the fun activities in the area, but am wondering which ones are best to do from Montezuma and which are best from ST?

Is Cabo Blanco easy to get to from ST? Curu?

How about going to Isla Tortuga- easy to get to leaving from ST? A lot more expensive than leaving from Montezuma?

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Activities

Cabo Blanco is closer to Montezuma.

Curu is easy to get to from either ST or Montezuma, a bit farther from ST.

Isla Tortuga is a bit farther from Mal Pais, than Montezuma, price is about the same.

Have a great vacation!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,238 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: Activities

I did the Tortuga island tour from Montezuma with Zuma Tours - http://zumatours.net/tortuga_island_tour.html Had a blast, really great company. The boat was a bit full when I went but did not take away anything from the overall tour. I have been to the island several times on my buddies boat, really nice, I think you will dig it.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Activities

Montezuma - Waterfalls for sure! Cabo Blanco and Curu tours may be easier to book out of Montezuma. Santa Teresa is know for surfing, long stretches of gorgeous beaches, and a vibrant community. A unique way to see the abundant nature is to go on a river paddle board tour. If you have a quad or rental car, you can zip from place to place a bit easier than if you were arranging taxis. Hope you are getting stoked for your upcoming trip.

4. Re: Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:40 am, June 22, 2013