We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport hotel and rental car

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
reviews: 1
Airport hotel and rental car

Hi, Traveling to Santa Teresa in late June. My family and I will be arriving to SJO at 11:40 p.m. Due to the late hour we will be looking to stay at an airport hotel and renting a car the next morning to drive to Santa Teresa. We want a hotel that is close, convenient and has a 24 hour complimentary shuttle. It looks like the Holiday Inn or Hampton Suites fits this bill. Is one preferred over the other or should I be looking at other choices?

Also, when reading the hotel reviews, posters mention that car rental agencies are right across the street. Which agencies? Any preferences? Should I confirm a car in advance or wait until our arrival to see who can offer the best deal?

Thank you.

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
1. Re: Airport hotel and rental car

Hampton Inn is a little nicer than the Holiday Inn, but you really cannot go wrong with either one for what you are looking for.

I would not wait until you arrive to haggle with rental car companies as it is unlikely you will get a better deal and I can assure you that you will walk away frustrated. Most will deliver for free to either of these hotels if you are renting for more than a few days, so no need to worry about walking there. Personally I like Mapache and Adobe. Others on this forum like other companies for a variety of reasons. Whoever you choose, make sure to ask if they include the mandatory insurance in their rates. There is a lot more information in the links in the sidebar of this forum as well.

Fredericton
reviews: 9
2. Re: Airport hotel and rental car

A good option is the Adventure Inn 10 minutes from the Airport and they pick you up and drop you off at the Airport with the price of the room. Eric Robinson the owner can arrange a rental to be dropped off at the Hotel the next morning and with all insurances you cant beat the price. We used them last year and again next week when we return for 2 weeks. $89 cash gets you a great room full breakfest and transfers. Also you dont have to deal with San Jose traffic to get to Santa Thersa and back

Bradenton, Florida
reviews: 1
3. Re: Airport hotel and rental car

Absolutely agree! We are at Adventure Inn right now and they have been as helpful as possible. The arrangements they make for cars,taxis, tours, etc. are as good as or better than what you can do yourself. Owner Eric replied to each of my emails within hours ... Email him with what you need and he'll help. Just an FYI, though ... The website is down right now (although I'm using wireless in my room) so you may have to wait till tomorrow. Good luck!

4. Re: Airport hotel and rental car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 pm, April 24, 2012
5. Re: Airport hotel and rental car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:43 pm, June 18, 2013