We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sansa luggage allownace

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Sansa luggage allownace

I understand that Sansa is pretty strict about luggage allowance. Would a school bag sized back pack be considered a carry on and if so- is that combined with any other luggage to arrive at your 30 lb max? Trying to figure out how best to pack for my trip.

Thanks!

St. Petersburg...
Destination Expert
for Osa Peninsula
reviews: 30
1. Re: Sansa luggage allownace

A backpack can be your carry-on, you're allowed up to 10 lbs, in addition to the 30 lbs of your checked bag.

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
2. Re: Sansa luggage allownace

Sansa is not just pretty strict, they are VERY strict about luggage. Do yourself a favor and weigh each bag before you fly.

Dallas, TX
reviews: 29
3. Re: Sansa luggage allownace

Our experience with Sansa was that not only your luggage and carry on, you also jump on the scale at the airport. I'm sure that is to balance the aircraft, but it seemed like a pretty wierd request.

Save the money and rent yourself a vehicle. The new road to Puntarenas is beautiful and a great drive. The ferry was also a lot of fun. But we have done both and would recommend the drive. Rent a 4 x 4 from Target Rental and you can't go wrong. The price is so right.

Mahalo

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
4. Re: Sansa luggage allownace

I've had a bag as a carryon - full of camera, books, magazines, etc. and they've never weighed it which surprised me. We've also never gotten weighed or had to get on a scale - seems like they aren't always consistent about what procedures they follow. They have weighed our checked luggage though.

Toronto
reviews: 26
5. Re: Sansa luggage allownace

weighing passengers/luggage is absolutely needed for a small plane, I've seen people bumped when Sansa plane weighs out or luggage is left behind. Safety first!

6. Re: Sansa luggage allownace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, June 19, 2013