We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nswell
Solo

I am traveling to Santa Teresa solo in two weeks. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay? I am looking into Funky Monkey, Don Jons, and Wave Trotter. I am looking for surf instruction as well. Any other advice? Where to go and where not to go? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: Solo

Santa Teresa is pretty straight forward....with one main road, and there really is loads of places to choose from for accommodation, restaurants and surf instruction. If you check out these two sites, you will get your fill of info. from maps to places to stay for every budget.

www.nicoyapeninsula.com

www.nicoyazoom.com

For surf instruction, just wait until you get there and ask around...there are so many surf shops, there could be one affiliated with the place you choose to stay.

Santa Teresa is a destination where you can choose to immerse yourself in the activities of the area or just lay low and relax and avoid everything.

Have a great time!

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 3
2. Re: Solo

I know this is an old thread, but I am also planning a trip by myself to Santa Teresa next week. I'll be there roughly 5 days. For people who live locally or have visited- is it relatively safe for a woman traveling alone? I'm not planning to really go out at night or drink. I live in San José now so I'm pretty cautious and know not to carry around valuables or leave stuff on the beach while I go in the ocean and stuff like that. But aside from those kinds of things, do I have anything to worry about as far as assault or similar crimes go? After dark if I want to get around I will take a taxi as a precaution.

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 6
3. Re: Solo

Costa Rica is pretty save even for women that are travelling alone. 3 years ago I went alone to Montezuma and Santa Teresa for some nights and enjoyed it a lot. But I prefered Montezuma, I felt a lot saver, I got to know other travelers so fast and did different tours and walks by myself. When I went to Mal Pais, I didnt get into any strange situation but there were not many other tourists and I didnt feel that save. It was just a feeling, maybe because of some strange people on the way to the beach or I don't know. But I suppose its still a save place.

I also went to the beach alone and walked around a little bit- but not at night.

Probably it also depends on where you stay and if you meet other people so you dont have to do everything alone.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
4. Re: Solo

Hi Lara S!

Just make sure that you are not out alone at night and don't walk the beach after sunset. It is pretty easy to connect with other travelers here, especially if you happen to be staying in a hotel or B & B. If you are the type of person that can easily meet people, then you will have no problem.

Be aware of your surroundings and if you are uncomfortable, then get out of the situation.....really, if you are in SJ, you know the drill. Keep your belongings safe and if you don't want to lose it, don't bring it with you....except for your passport of course!!! Santa Teresa is a pretty friendly place!

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 3
5. Re: Solo

Okay, thanks for your responses! I leave tomorrow and I'm sure everything will be fine, I'll just maintain my typical cautious behaviors to be safe!

Thanks!

6. Re: Solo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 08, 2014