We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kana Mar house rental

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
Kana Mar house rental

Thinking of renting either the 1 or 2 bedroom unit for a couple of weeks next Feb. Does anyone have any experience with these units? Is it a totally walled in compound? (Clausterphobic? No views?). Where abouts is it located- I'm familiar with the locations of Casa Marbella, Las piedras, where is Kana Mar in relatio to these? How far is it from the beach?

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 13
1. Re: Kana Mar house rental

This place is pretty new. It is located just north of Otra Lado, and south of Esencia, inland (you can find it on the Santa Teresa map www.nicoyapeninsula.com). It doesn't seem to have a view and is walled in. The decor is beautiful....small plunge pool, the owners definitely utilized their allowable space on the property! Looks like about a 7-10 min. walk to the beach depending how fast you walk and which beach access you take.

waterloo,ON
2. Re: Kana Mar house rental

Thanks very much! Have you heard anything about it good or bad? How far of a walk would it be to Playa Carmen crossroads area? We are hoping to not have a car, so we would like someplace walkable to this area. Is the area of beach nearest Kana Mar swimmable or rocky?

If you have any other recomendations for something similar, kitchen,1 bedroom in the 700-900 per week with pool that would be great! Thanks

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Kana Mar house rental

If you check out the link I posted above, you will see many places to choose from and where they are exactly situated in relation to everything in Santa Teresa.

Kana Mar would be a long walk to the cross roads.

Maybe a 10-15 min. walk to the soccer field area of Santa Teresa where there are many restaurants to choose from ..... Chicken Joes, Rancho Burger, Pizza Tomat, El Pulpo just to name a few.

Please look at the site, I can't draw you a picture. Do some research as to how much you want to spend and what amenities you would like, I can only point you in the right direction...can't make your decisions for you!!! Our tastes are probably totally different!!!

waterloo,ON
4. Re: Kana Mar house rental

Thank you, I actually did look at the website. I am familiar with that site because I have used it to plan 2 previous trips to the area. I just didn't know how "to scale" the map was. In our previous stays we have enjoyed Casa Marbella and are familiar with that area. I have done extensive searching for a vacation rental in my price range- 700-500$ as mentioned. I have only come across this property and was wondering if anyone had any insider knowledge of other properties that may not Advertise as much or I may have missed. We are 2 people, need a kitchen, sunny pool and outside areas to hang out. If anyone has any input that would be great

Los angeles
5. Re: Kana Mar house rental

Try the Nautilus , they are centrally located, have a fully equipped kitchen.

A great pool within a 3-4 minute walk to the Brunellas beach access.

waterloo,ON
6. Re: Kana Mar house rental

Still looking for a place for nxt Feb. How far of a walk would the Nautilus be from the Playa Carmen crossroads? Is there much outdoor private space at the 1 bedroom villas?

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
7. Re: Kana Mar house rental

Try Oasis, it is the closest to the cross roads, right on the road and may be exactly what you are looking for:

http://www.oasismalpais.com/

If that doesn't work out for you, then yo are going to have to do some research....here is a list of hotels and places all over the southern part of the peninsula, just narrow it down to Mal Pais and Santa Teresa:

www.nicoyazoom.com/en/hotel-guide/index.html

Then cross-reference the places here on TA, or at this location:

http://hotels.nicoyapeninsula.com/

the site also has great maps that give you locations of hotels, stores etc, so you can have an idea exactly where they are in relation to geographic points.

VRBO for the Mal Pais or Santa Teresa area is also a good place to look for rentals.

Also try this place, Regfrog Villas, it is fairly new:

http://www.redfrogvillas.com/

You have a lot of choices in this area, since you know the area already and you have your budget set, the rest is pretty straightforward....you just have to do your research and make a decision. Good luck!

8. Re: Kana Mar house rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 20, 2013