We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa chameleon or Moana lodge Or Pranamar vs Florblanca

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boontonnj
reviews: 7
Casa chameleon or Moana lodge Or Pranamar vs Florblanca

Hi I just posted another thread to my old message but I'm trying to get feedback here. I just booked finca rosa Blanca for 2 nights at the start of our trip.

Now I can't decide on Malpais vs Santa Teresa. Florblanca seems great but at 625 a night with no breakfast is really steep. Understand this is over new years eve so they double the price. They seem to have the most a entities.

Pranamar has a villa available at 410 and it includes breakfast and has. Pool and restaurant and one yoga class daily. It looks like it s grounds haven't developed as much as Florblanca and I want to ensure I won't feel out of place being a yoga spiritual place.

On the other hand Casa chameleon looks really nice but very quiet. Rooms have plunge pools and they have small or tiny bar and a cok for guests only and are walking distance to icky beach and 3 mins to playa Carmen. Moana lodge rooms look great has a bigger restaurant and real bar and includes breakfast.

Question is do I splurge for a place that has it all or stay at a least expensive one and just go to Florblanca for dinner or lunch or drinks...

If staying in Malpais is it best to rent atv to get intosanta Teresa?

Are there Ny restaurants in Malpais.

Again it's the hefty price tag of Florblanca I'm worried about being disappointed having high expectations.....I will pay if it's worth it. Any advice greatly appreciated

Austin, TX
reviews: 5
1. Re: Casa chameleon or Moana lodge Or Pranamar vs Florblanca

I think you can't go wrong with Moana lodge. Based on your budget, I would say get the luxury suite there. We stayed in it for a week and were very happy. We rented an ATV and recommend it. Moana has their own. Florblanca is very nice, but I wouldn't say three times as nice.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
2. Re: Casa chameleon or Moana lodge Or Pranamar vs Florblanca

Hola!

It's me again. Well, you are porbably looking at pictures from last year when comparing our gardens to others. Pranamar is less than 2 years old. When we opened the hotel the gardens were very small, but I can assure you that they are completely grown now, and the rainy season is about to start, meaning that the gardens will be twice as big as they are right now by the time you come in December.

Renting an ATV is one of the best options to move a around, but we also offer taxi service.

M

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 13
3. Re: Casa chameleon or Moana lodge Or Pranamar vs Florblanca

Boontonnj:

Now that you are back to having your dates available at Pranamar....I would suggest you go with them....the other two choices are off the beach and a long ways away from many restaurants.

Originally, you said they didn't have a vacancy during your desired dates....with the change, I would say there should be no question! Especially if you want the beach as an easy access....and a pool....

Certainly, Florblanca's gardens have a number of years growth over Pranamar, but you are comparing apples and oranges....different beach, architecture, atmosphere, location.....

There are a lot of excellent restaurants in the area to choose from, including Buddha Eyes at Pranamar. If you really want to go to Florblanca for dinner, it is not far from Pranamar.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
4. Re: Casa chameleon or Moana lodge Or Pranamar vs Florblanca

Pranamar is the way to go. It has gorgeous bungalows and villas, privacy, delicious restaurant, and excellent beginner surfing only a short walk away. The gardens will blow you away. You might even have tropical plants growing next to the Buddha statue in the shower! Getting a quad is a good suggestion because taxis can add up quickly. Make sure to take Nancy's yoga class. Pranamar has a yoga shall open on three sides to let the ocean breeze blow thru. fyi, Casa Chameleon is lovely and on a hillside, which requires 4x4. Very romantic and quiet. Flor Blanca has an excellent restaurant and great mojitos.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 122
5. Re: Casa chameleon or Moana lodge Or Pranamar vs Florblanca

We've been looking at staying at Casa Chameleon since it always gets such great reviews. I'm curious about why you mention that the beach there is icky - what's icky about it?

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
6. Re: Casa chameleon or Moana lodge Or Pranamar vs Florblanca

Hola Volcanogirl!

Casa Chameleon is a beautiful, romantic get-away, you will need a vehicle if you intend on exploring the area because it is up a very steep hill. The nearest beach is rocky with a tide rip and large waves....not very appealing for beach lovers and you will have to make your way a few K. up to Playa Carmen or Playa Santa Teresa if you intend on doing any 'beach time'. Therefore, the OP mentioning the beach being 'icky'.

nicoyapeninsula.com/malpais/malpais-costaric…

photo #9 is a very typical Mal Pais beach shot.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 122
7. Re: Casa chameleon or Moana lodge Or Pranamar vs Florblanca

Thanks for the info., Wefish, I really appreciate it.

8. Re: Casa chameleon or Moana lodge Or Pranamar vs Florblanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:40 pm, June 19, 2013