We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southern California
reviews: 40
Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

Hello,

My family (8 adults 1 toddler) are visiting in early June for the week. Looking for a recommendation of a shuttle service. I have quotes from costaricashuttle, thecostaricashuttle, and montezuma tours. Any more I should get a quote from before I decide? We also plan on renting quads. Any recommendations regarding the rentals of those would be great as well. Also what kind of weather should we be ready for? Thank you in advance for your advice.

Southern California
reviews: 40
11. Re: Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

WeFish88,

A couple more fishing questions.

If we did bring down a surf casting set-up, I'd assume there are spots local to Santa Teresa which would be good fishing? I'd hate to lug the setup down and there not be anything worth casting out for.

The setup I would bring would be a 9ft medium spinning reel. I'd love to know what kind of catch we would get casting from the surf.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
12. Re: Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

There are spots to catch fish worth casting out for. Often we see locals out in the surf up to their chest hand casting for fish. If you can find a weighted lure that looks like a minnow, it will be close to what the locals use for real.

Possible catches are Robalo, Yellow Fin, Pargo and Jack Crevalle.

There are rocky areas north of the pinion rock that are good fishing spots, also if you head north from Playa Hermosa toward Manzanillo, you will find more rocky areas at low tide that are good. Then, there are also Snook in the Bongo River, but watch for the crocs if you head up there! (don't wade into the deep parts of the river).

13. Re: Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:43 pm, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Santa Teresa