We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southern California
reviews: 40
Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

Hello,

My family (8 adults 1 toddler) are visiting in early June for the week. Looking for a recommendation of a shuttle service. I have quotes from costaricashuttle, thecostaricashuttle, and montezuma tours. Any more I should get a quote from before I decide? We also plan on renting quads. Any recommendations regarding the rentals of those would be great as well. Also what kind of weather should we be ready for? Thank you in advance for your advice.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

Hi MFM14!

There are a number of shuttle services that are on the SJO - Santa Teresa route,

www.interbusonline.com/home/home.asp

www.montezumaexpeditions.com

are two more.... since you have been in touch with The Costa Rica Shuttle, then you have likely received a quote for most of the shuttles in the area...they don't seem to vary much.

Another idea is to contact a private transport company, such as Roadadvisor's (he is a DE for Costa Rica) and get a quote.

Maybe someone from the central valley will be able to add some more choices?! I know there were a few posts in the past that had a list of private companies and it is accessible if you search the general Costa Rica forum for the post as it was a recent discussion (as in a few months ago).

As far as Quad rentals, there are many in the area and you might get a better price if you are renting more than one at a time...see if you can get a group rate. If you price out some of the rental places when you get down here, it can be less expensive making a face to face deal rather than arranging something in advance....prices change and businesses change at the drop of a hat.

The weather in June can be sunny in the morning and could rain in the afternoon or at night...that is the general weather report. If you are doing outdoor activities, be prepared to do them in the morning. Although, when it rains, it isn't cold!

Southern California
2. Re: Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

WeFish88,

Thank you so much for the information. With a name like WeFish, maybe you might know about fishing in this area? Is there any good surf casting in Santa Teresa? Maybe some close to shore fishing boat services?

But thanks again for the shuttle info. It is much appreciated and my family and I are looking forward to our trip.

Thank You!!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
3. Re: Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

MFM14:

Yes, we do fish! The fishing boats all leave from the fishing harbor in Mal Pais across from the entrance to the zip line. If you go down there, connect with Jorge and he can set you up with one of his sons to take you out, or one of the other guides if his sons are busy. They fish out of open pangas and don't go very far off shore. Once in a while someone tries surf casting, many of the locals just get into the water and cast off a spool of line and wind it back onto the spool very quickly and are successful. There is also a company that takes fishermen out in kayaks to catch fish....although I have not tried this yet, it does sound like a lot of fun! and have seen the kayaks out on the ocean while we have been fishing out of the pangas.

All of this can be arranged when you get down here.

I hope you have some satisfaction in the transportation department.

Enjoy your vacation in our corner of the country!

Southern California
4. Re: Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

I was corresponding Roadadvisor. He had offered a solution for the shuttle, but his account is not accepting messages. Anyone know of another way to contact him other than the tripadvisor messaging?

waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
5. Re: Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

Tucanlimoservices.com

Good company-i've used them

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
6. Re: Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

He is a DE on the Costa Rica forum, if you go to his profile you can Private Message him.

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
reviews: 28
7. Re: Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

If you want to get in touch with Tucan Limo Service - Luis (AKA Roadadvisor) luis@tucanlimoservices.com as PMs will not work.

Southern California
8. Re: Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

Thank you everyone for your help.

Wefish,

I'll be in Santa Teresa the first week of June.

My father wanted me to find out if anyone in that area would rent him a surfcasting rod and reel for the week.

Would you happen to know anyone who might be able to do so?

Also I would love some rate information on 1/2 day panga boat fishing?

Thank You

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
9. Re: Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

I am not sure of anyone who has surf-casting gear for rent. Perhaps your father should bring down a set up that would be to his liking and either gift it to someone when he leaves or take it home with him.

As far as 1/2 day fishing rates (IMHO):

- most of the pangas leave the fishing harbor around 7 and do a 3-4 hr. shift then do another shift in the afternoon, so you can choose when you would like to go fishing.

- you can go down to the fishing harbor one morning and arrange a fishing trip either in the afternoon or the next day, Jorge is one of the bosses there and usually a 4 hr. trip costs anywhere between $160-200/boat.

- you can sometimes hook up with another group going out if you want to split the cost of the boat, but you would be sharing the time in the fishing positions, so you will either have to share your catch with everyone else or work out some kind of deal about who plays the fish....or whatever.... also depending on if you are catching and releasing or keeping....

- if you are into 'sport' fishing and you want to 'play' a fish, you may want to bring your own gear from home because the rod and real set-ups used on the pangas are very short, stiff fishing rods and level-wind reals and not very sporting.

- personally, I would rather fish with at least a 10 ft. med. to light action fishing rod, or even a fly-fishing rod and single action real....very sporting and fun!

Southern California
10. Re: Shuttle (from SJO to Santa Teresa) Recomendation Please

Thank You WeFish88