We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

florblanca vs whitehouse villa (st) vs. moana lodge/mp

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boontonnj
reviews: 7
florblanca vs whitehouse villa (st) vs. moana lodge/mp

OK...im going crazy..researching best places for my husbnd and I's 5 yr anniversary trip tp CR. This is the second leg of the trip>

how does florblanca compare to Moana Lodge? Anyone know? My husband and i like soe conveniences on vacation and i am afraid of him just being at a villa where we are left to cook or walk next door...i am fine with this...my friends stayed at white hous villa and loved it!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
1. Re: florblanca vs whitehouse villa (st) vs. moana lodge/mp

Florblanca is right on the beach in the north end of Santa Teresa, Moana Lodge is inland in Mal Pais and not really close to any nice beaches and you will either have to walk or drive to the nice beaches. Your husband will likely enjoy Florblanca over Moana Lodge (although Moana Lodge has a beautiful view....but my husband says looking at the ocean for long periods of time is like watching a wheat field!....boring!), at least the beach has much more going on and is 'eye candy'!

There is also Pranamar....which is right next door to the white house or Red Palm villas which is just south of Florblanca.

boontonnj
2. Re: florblanca vs whitehouse villa (st) vs. moana lodge/mp

that is quite helpful. the white house looks nice and right on the beach, good price,but not pool bar or restaurant...thats the only things i dont like...i know we can go next door to pranamar, but still...have you seen the white house? where would you choose? pranamar is booked during the end of dec ): i hate to get my hopes up with florblaca and pay alot of money to be dissapointed if things arent top quality....

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
3. Re: florblanca vs whitehouse villa (st) vs. moana lodge/mp

How about Latitude 10? It has cabinas, a pool and is on the beach, just north of Florblanca.

All of the reviews are good.

I have seen the white house....if your friends liked it and you think you would be happy without pool access, the decision is yours!

If you don't get right on this, you will lose all choices because the end of Dec. gets booked very quickly!!

boontonnj
4. Re: florblanca vs whitehouse villa (st) vs. moana lodge/mp

Thank you all! I have one more choice. Casa chameleon. Really small but looks really nice. Now my choice is Florblanca, Moana Lodge or Casa Chameleon or pranamar in Santa Teresa.

I know Moana and chameleon are in much quieter Malpais.

The prob is Florblanca despite seeming to be the most high end with spa yoga free bikes etc...the 625 price tag kills me but there is a pool and bar too

The other resorts I.e pranamar is 410 for poolside villa. Free yoga and breakfast pool and restaurant and on beach. I just don't want to feel outta place if it is a very spiritual yogi type place cuz we really aren't that type.

Moana is only 385 for top room as well as chameleon with breakfast but not on the beach and quite small....

What do you think! Anyone ahhhhhhhhhh

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
5. Re: florblanca vs whitehouse villa (st) vs. moana lodge/mp

Just another idea:

Have you looked at VRBO for Mal Pais or Playa Santa Teresa? there are some beautiful and very affordable, private properties that would be in your price range...or better. Some are right on the beach and close to Florblanca, or Pranamar....

The amount of money you would save on a house or nice, quaint cabina with pool, yard, beach would allow you to have all your meals out....and give you the option to cook for yourself or have the kitchen available to make coffee at least when you want a cup!

For 600, you can get a place for almost 3 days!

boontonnj
6. Re: florblanca vs whitehouse villa (st) vs. moana lodge/mp

yes totally agree, but the husband feels that on his vacation he wants to be right on a property where he can walk up to a bar, quick get breakfast, bite to eat, without always heading out...most of the private properties do not have a pool...we were looking at white house villas, but there is no pool ): I agree about the price tag. I will take a look anyway thanks. But in the meantime, of the places I suggest, can you tell me being a malpais expert what you would choose? Thank you.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
7. Re: florblanca vs whitehouse villa (st) vs. moana lodge/mp

Personally, I am not the type to stay at any of your choices. Florblanca is too expensive, and the other 2 are too far away from the beach for me!!!

I am more of the type to stay at a nice house and walk next door to a restaurant.

Have you looked at Tropico Latino? Do they have any vacancies during your time here?

boontonnj
8. Re: florblanca vs whitehouse villa (st) vs. moana lodge/mp

when you say too far from the beach...what do you mean? How far? Of course both places say that they are walking distance to the beach...am I being lied too?

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
9. Re: florblanca vs whitehouse villa (st) vs. moana lodge/mp

Moana is the closest (about 200meters) and Chameleon is about .5 mile, UP a very steep hill and the closest beach is not a beach at all...it is rocks (Mal Pais = Bad Place ... not a good place to land a boat). The nice, sandy beach is up at Playa Carmen about 20 minute walk (depending on height of tide and how fast you walk) along the beach once you get to the beach.

If you want a nice beach close by, then it will have to be Santa Teresa.

You really have to weigh out your priorities.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
10. Re: florblanca vs whitehouse villa (st) vs. moana lodge/mp

Hi!

We (Pranamar) are right on the beach too. As close to the ocean as you legally can in this country...just steps away.

You don't have to worry about the yoga scene. We have several retreats throughout the year, but we cater to all kinds of clients. In the Holiday's season we don't do retreats but we still offer a daily yoga lesson included in our rates if you want to join us anytime. We also have a lot of different activities like canopy tours, surf lessons, ATV tours, fishing, horse back riding and more...and we have a sweet little tiki bar right on the beach to enjoy the beautiful sunsets. Feel free to send me an email through our website if you need more information.

Pura Vida.

Mario