We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve Anniversary Trip- Accomodation Reccommendation

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boontonnj
reviews: 7
New Years Eve Anniversary Trip- Accomodation Reccommendation

Hello-

My husband and I would like to travel to costa rica this upcoming New Years for about 8 days. There are direct flights from Newark, NJ to San Jose. We are considering staying 3 nights at Finca Rosa Blanca near San Jose and then heading to Santa Teresa.

I am having trouble finding a nice property besides Florblanca. Florblanca rate starts at 675 per night. We like nice hotels, but that is too much.

There is a villa called the White House, next to a yoga resort called Pranamar that looks nice, but no pool for the 2 bedroom unit.

Any other recommendations. It would be nice to have a bar and a pool aside from the beach.

Thank you!

Andrea

waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
1. Re: New Years Eve Anniversary Trip- Accomodation Reccommendation

Milarepa, Tropical Latino, Red Palm Villas. I noticed in your other thread you are deciding btween Santa Teresa and MA. I was just at both. More luxurious hotels in MA, more rustic in Santa Teresa.

It takes a day to get to Santa T also.

boontonnj
reviews: 7
2. Re: New Years Eve Anniversary Trip- Accomodation Reccommendation

Thank you very much. Are you aware of any great hotels in MA? What would you prefer or recommend as a first timer? What location will offer us more? I dont want it to be too remote, as I would like to do activities and have neighboring restaurants as well. Thanks.

waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
3. Re: New Years Eve Anniversary Trip- Accomodation Reccommendation

I think there are more activities in MA. We stayed at La Mariposa because the view from some of the rooms, dinin area and pool is amazing and I like the charm of the hotel. You have to get an updated room though.

Gaia hotel is top notch, havnt stayed there but saw it and it is beautiful. Many of the nicer hotels such as arenas del mar, issimo suites are down road not close to the main road, which would mean you alwyas have to taxi to dinner.

Many say MA is very touristy, it certainly has tourist infrastructure but you can still experience culture by visiting local sodas in quepos.

St. Teresa is very rustic, dirt roads, beautiful beaches and amazing restaurants but it can be very dusty. We have been there twice so we love it but if I had to choos 1 for luxury I'd choose MA. Gorgeous beach in the park

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: New Years Eve Anniversary Trip- Accomodation Reccommendation

In MA...check...Buena Vista Villas and Casas...Tulemar Bungalows....SOUS...Los Altos...Si Como No...The Falls...SAMBADA....Mariposa...El Parador...ISSIMO...

Many more at the affordable side!!

roadadvisor

5. Re: New Years Eve Anniversary Trip- Accomodation Reccommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, June 19, 2013