We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in july in Santa Teresa

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 42
Weather in july in Santa Teresa

We are coming with a party of 4 to Santa Teresa. I have read that a lot of places are closed during July because it is off season. Is this true?

Secondly, I am coming with my nephew who is a surfer. We are staying at the Lattitude 10. What is the best surf spot close to the hotel?

My husband, brother and I will not be surfing a lot so can you offer other ideas for adventure in the region?

Will 4 ppl fit in a ATV? Can we use that only while in the area? Or do we need to rent a car? We have heard that the roads are not good especially in the rainy season. What would you suggest?

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Weather in july in Santa Teresa

We have a kind of Indian Summer around this tiem...no many places that I know will close around July...we call that weather fact...Little summer of San Juan...and is really ...really nice!

roadadvisor

NYC
2. Re: Weather in july in Santa Teresa

I was there last july and it rained but you had sun also. When it rained it poured. Its a gamble but we had a gret time.

Houston, Texas
3. Re: Weather in july in Santa Teresa

Thanks for your responses. I am glad to hear the responses. I don't mind rain but did not want to be forced to stay inside the entire time.

Did you see my other questions? Any input there?

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 13
4. Re: Weather in july in Santa Teresa

As roadadvisor said above, July is Little Summer, most everything is open. The real rainy season usually begins at the end of August and many restaurants and hotels close for a while at that time. If you see rain in July, it will be in the afternoon or during the night. Plan for your outdoor activities in the morning, early, not mid-morning (9am is usually too late!)

There are many things to do in the area....visit a butterfly farm, tour around the area (Montezuma, Manzanillo, Cabo Blanco Park), zip-lines, shopping, Tortuga Island, fishing......

4 people cannot fit on an ATV (this is a 4 wheeled motorcycle....aka Quad), you will have to rent a 4WD car, depending on how large everyone is, you could get away with renting a Jimny or Torios, they are small sized 4WD.

Houston, Texas
5. Re: Weather in july in Santa Teresa

Thank you so much for all of your support! You guys have been great!!

6. Re: Weather in july in Santa Teresa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:30 am, March 21, 2013