We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Lost Iguana to Santa Teresa

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
appleton, wi
travel from Lost Iguana to Santa Teresa

Can someone tell me the most direct route to Santa Teresa from Lost Iguana or Arenal area. How far ahead of time should you get there before the ferry departs.

Can you reserve the ferry ahead of time or is it first come, first served

We are going at the end of January.

Thanks

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
1. Re: travel from Lost Iguana to Santa Teresa

You can check the travel map here- yourtravelmap.com/costarica/…

Pretty accurate map. Not sure about the ferry questions, I do not imagine it will fill up and if it does, it runs back and forth all day. More will chime in soon.

Cheers

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
2. Re: travel from Lost Iguana to Santa Teresa

No reservations. It depends on whether you are driving or a pedestrian. If driving, probably 90 minutes ahead of time. If pedestrian, not that much.

For more information on the ferry, look here: www.nicoyapeninsula.com

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 10
3. Re: travel from Lost Iguana to Santa Teresa

Depends on your mode of travel. If I was driving the route, I would avoid the ferry totally and drive around Arenal lake to Canas and then across the bridge at the top of the Gulf of Nicoya and drive down the Nicoya Peninsula. No ferry waits (2 sailing wait a few days ago) and you see some nice country-side. If you are taking a bus, you will get deposited in Puntarenas and have to take the ferry.

The map site Incabod suggested is a good place to start for your choice of routes.

Dallas, TX
reviews: 29
4. Re: travel from Lost Iguana to Santa Teresa

If I had it to do all over again, I would listen to Wefish. We drove from Lafortuna to Santa Teresa and the people at the resort in Lafortuna recommended that we go to Puntarenas and take the ferry. We had a GPS system and plugged in the infor to the ferry.

I guess that it programmed the wrong ferry and we ended up going to Morelos before we realized that wasn't correct. So we drove at least 40 miles each way in the wrong direction.

Having said that, we enjoyed the experience a taking the ferry. I had never been on a real ferry in my life and it was fun. I think that the ferry runs every two hours so it wasn't a big deal and that part of Costa Rica is really beautiful.

Mahalo

5. Re: travel from Lost Iguana to Santa Teresa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 28, 2013