We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to Stay Suggestions....

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Memphis, Tennessee
reviews: 3
Places to Stay Suggestions....

My husb & I are considering a trip to ST in May. We are long time carribean travelers and have spent most time in Negril Jamaica where we like staying at a small locally owned/runned hotel. We are not into crowds, but like a few folks around and easy access to places to eat, drink, be merry etc. We don't mind a walk, but not into walking several miles for food & drink each day. Nice long walks during the day to get out and explore are a possiblity.

My heart was set on Manala Hotel in ST. It was so up our alley, but unfortunately they are booked the 2nd wk in May for a wedding. This will be our 15th anniversary so I don't want to change the wk.

Any suggestions on another place in or around ST? We are not surfers which is a concern for me as many hotels are for surfers. I don't want us to feel completely outta place, but really think ST area is somewhere we could completely relax.

Thoughts anyone?

Memphis, Tennessee
reviews: 3
1. Re: Places to Stay Suggestions....

One other note: Price range I would like to stay under $125 if at all possible.

Thanks

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
reviews: 15
2. Re: Places to Stay Suggestions....

www.nicoyazoom.com/en/hotel-guide/index.html

If you go to the above link, you will find a list of accommodations for Santa Teresa, Mal Pais and the area, you will find price ranges and amenities. My suggestion....try Rancho Itauna, Otra Lado, Tropico Latino, Esencia.....there are many to choose from, it will depend on if you want AC, a pool, a restaurant.....etc.

You might also check out www.nicoyapeninsula.com and see what they suggest for accommodation there, although there is no list of prices, you just have to start clicking on the links and find something that might agree with you.

Michigan
reviews: 5
3. Re: Places to Stay Suggestions....

Santa Teresa struck me as some place that had been "discovered" in a bad way - one long strip of dirt road with lots of people, lots of ATV traffic and tons of dust (and plenty of surf shops). But there are some great restaurants, great places to stay, great beaches and great surf. Mal Pais has some nice places to stay and is a little outside of the constant ATV traffic of Santa Teresa. Also Consider Montezuma, which is around the corner (other side of cabo blanco) from Santa Teresa. Because it has no surf, the water and beaches are in a way prettier. It certainly has less of the tattooed 20 something surfer ATV rider crowd that is attracted to Santa Teresa.

4. Re: Places to Stay Suggestions....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 21, 2012